Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Two trials, two juries who will have taken the evidence very seriously and will have been comprised of both genders - the lad is innocent in the eyes of the law, and innocent as far as I'm concerned. We have seen well-known Manchester actors accused of similar things and they were able to return to respectability. I believe Mendy deserves the same courtesy under the system we have. I cast no aspersions on the complainants, but sometimes these things can snowball and innocent people can end up in nightmarish situations - like with the Satanic panic case in Langley some years back. I hope he can rebuild his career overseas, marry and settle down, as his old lifestyle clearly did him absolutely no favours.
I think when a hugely rich and famous person sleeps with apparently 10'000 women then the law of averages says then a couple of them are going to cry foul play.

Nobody is struggling with it. Nobody has said "I disagree with this, I think he did it."

What some of us have said is that this verdict doesn't automatically mean that the women who accused him were lying.
He's not guilty, leave It there. The guy can walk out with his head held high.

now he has been found not guilty, will city have to pay his wages for the 2 1/2 years he was not playing, plus would he get the bonus for the 3 titles and fa cup win and of course the champs league because he was still on the books until end of june
I guess he’ll get whatever his contract terms of employment provide for.

Just answer the question.

Or here's another for the people who are pretending to be shocked and outraged at the idea that being aquitted and being innocent are 2 different things.

Is this guy innnocent?

How are we to judge who is guilty and who is innocent. I suggest Saturday night TV. Do away with trial by jury, 12 good men and all that, it's far too expensive. Let's just all have a vote after watching Ant and Dec do an hours worth of 'Guilty or Guilty but officially Not Guilty (because hey is anyone really [cough] innocent'

Last edited:
What we do know with absolute certainty is that 7 women gave evidence against him over 2 separate trials. 2 juries heard ALL the evidence over many weeks and believed him over every single one of them.

Am I not right in thinking that the jury has to reach a unanimous verdict that the evidence presented proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he was guilty?

Again, I'm no lawyer so could have that wrong but it's not necessarily a case of the entire jury believing him over them. The burden of proof is on the accuser and if the evidence presented isn't totally and utterly irrefutable then you have reasonable doubt.

The police had received several complaints/warnings from neighbours that girls were arriving in taxis to Mendy’s house at all sorts of hours and did nothing about it.
It was a party house and the whole thing was inevitable given the way it appears the girls were treated.
My question is whether Mendy will be able to sue the CPS for lost wages & the time he spent in prison waiting for trial and whether MCFC have a case for recovering his value? Given the amounts involved it would seem likely
Good points. I don’t know the answers to the questions in your last paragraph.

Mendy’s partying was excessive and he was anything but a model professional footballer. He’s not a good guy.

One of the mistakes the CPS and people who’d assumed Mendy’s guilt appear to have made is that they thought none of the accusers knew each other / nor had they heard other women on the local party scene were bringing charges, prior to the allegations being in the media. That was extremely unrealistic and lacked common sense. I hope the CPS can be made to pay out or face other sanctions:

What we do know with absolute certainty is that 7 women gave evidence against him over 2 separate trials. 2 juries heard ALL the evidence over many weeks and believed him over every single one of them.

Or just weren't sure.

If you aren't sure then you say 'not guilty'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.