Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

I've thought all along he'd get found not guilty, but I think people forget that he was only remanded in custody because he failed to follow his bail conditions, that is his fault, nobody elses.

There was always something odd for me about how the number of accusations kept adding up, but his own lifestyle aided and abetted it all, I only hope he has learned from that, and can find a better way of behaving, wherever he ends up.

So everyone that is found not guilty is in fact guilty and should bevtreated as such. I know we have Peter Adamson (Len Fairclough) that
How are we to judge who is guilty and who is innocent. I suggest Saturday night TV. Do away with trial by jury, 12 good men and all that, it's far too expensive. Let's just all have a vote after watching Ant and Dec do an hours worth of 'Guilty or Guilty but officially Not Guilty (because hey is anyone really [cough] innocent'

We're all completely free to make our own judgement of what happened, and the truth through whichever means we want.

A jury trial isn't to decide if something happend or not, it's to decide if there's enough evidence of something happening that 12 of you peers believe beyond a reasonable doubt it happened and thus your liberty can be taken away.

It's an incredibly infantile point of of view to believe that a court verdict is going to tell you if a crime happened or not. Plenty of crimes happen with zero evidence and are thus impossible to prove - it doesn't mean the crime didn't happen.

Can we please calm down on the "his life is ruined" talk as well?

If he's completely innocent, then the accusations mean nothing right and someone should be willing to sign him right?

As far as his career, he was apparently on £90,000 a week. I dont think he's had to shop through the reduced section at Lidl to survive.
Doesn’t matter what he earns pal if he's innocent he's innocent and I hope he gets everything he's owed back

If the defendant is found not guilty, that doesn’t mean you weren’t believed or that people thought you were lying. It simply means the jury couldn’t be ‘satisfied so they were sure’ that the defendant was guilty.
You were claiming that a guilty verdict has to be unanimous. That simply is not true. Posting unrelated quotes doesn’t do you any favours.

Just out of interest, is it possible to be found innocent in the legal system, or is not guilty the only 'innocent' option once charged?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.