Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

So forget the last 3 years he had to and most of the public who will associate him as a rapist
Can we please calm down on the "his life is ruined" talk as well?

If he's completely innocent, then the accusations mean nothing right and someone should be willing to sign him right?

As far as his career, he was apparently on £90,000 a week. I dont think he's had to shop through the reduced section at Lidl to survive.
Well his reputation is more than likely ruined, the court of public opinion has deemed him a rapist. That’s going to be with him for a long time. Look at the Duke Lacrosse players from years ago. Every garbage publication ie: Rolling Stone presumed these guys were guilty, and they did little to apologize for their shoddy reporting. That lead to people assuming these guys were guilty based off 100% lies. People have already made their minds up about Mendy due to the media and it’s a damn shame. Not only does it hurt the accused but it hurts our faith in the journalistic integrity of these media types.

No, that isn't what anyone has said.
Well posters keep saying he is not innocent. Merely that the jury found him not guilty.
Domalino keeps posting American cases to prove he is guilty. Why he hasn't posted the Peter Adamdon (Len Fairclough) one I don't know.
I think my point stands, according to some on here you are guilty or not guilty but we know you are really.

Thanks Cleavers. I couldn’t believe how flimsy the evidence was when following the retrial.
I've not really followed this one like I did the previous one, but I felt unless new evidence had become available (which seemed unlikely), it was inevitible that he'd be found not guilty on these final 2 charges.

Well posters keep saying he is not innocent.

None of the comments I have seen have said that.

The fairly simple point being made was that "not guilty" and "innocent" are not the same thing. And those comments mostly arose due to disgusting comments aimed at certain people who may still be the victims of rape.

Deliberately or otherwise, some people seem to be misconstruing that point.

Yep, and civil courts only have to rule on balance of probability. So for example, there was a case in Scotland where someone was found not guilty in a criminal case (or maybe it didn't go to trial, I forget), but then found guilty in a civil case and had to pay the victim.
Scotland used to have a verdict of not proven. It was abolished in April I think.

O J Simpson was acquitted in a criminal murder case and then found guilty of causing the deaths when the family brought a civil action and fined $33 million.

I think it was unanimous on all charges in the end wasn't it, at the first trial they couldn't reach a verdict on these latest ones, but this time they have.

This jury only deliberated for 3 hours 15 minutes, which is quite short for a trial like this.

The conversations could go as simply as "are we absolutely sure he did it?".

Then most of them say they can't be sure.

Then that's that. Not guilty. If there's not enough proof to be sure, that has to be the result.

Three hours 15 is a relatively long time if nothings been proven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.