Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Yep, and civil courts only have to rule on balance of probability. So for example, there was a case in Scotland where someone was found not guilty in a criminal case (or maybe it didn't go to trial, I forget), but then found guilty in a civil case and had to pay the victim.

Think that was the footballer with the inappropriate surname of "Goodwillie"...

Just out of interest, is it possible to be found innocent in the legal system, or is not guilty the only 'innocent' option once charged?
In legal terms, 'not guilty' is not the same as 'innocent'. Innocent means that a person didn't commit the crime. 'Not guilty' means that the prosecution couldn't prove 'beyond a reasonable doubt' someone committed a crime. This is because the defendant is not required to prove his innocence in a court of law. Instead, it is for the prosecution to prove their guilt beyond reasonable doubt. Regardless, a defendant is generally deemed to be innocent for all intents and purposes following a 'not guilty' verdict.
You're welcome.

Threads like this remind me that we have some absolute wankers on here.

Happy he's been found not guilty, spent time in prison, including Christmas in a country that isn't his home. Hopefully he can now start to rebuild his life then hopefully have some kind of career playing the game. Didn't work out here for various reasons, but at the end of the day he's a Blue, he wore the shirt and gave us some memorable moments. Good luck Ben.

I said to my wife, when theevidence started to come out at the original trial, that this has the feel of an attempted shakedown. So, if Mr Mendy did not commit the awful crimes of which he was accused I am happy for him that justice has prevailed.

At the same time I am more happy we will never have to see him in a City shirt again. Complete and utter waste of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.