Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

I have to smile, purely in good taste but..... is this "not been proven innocent" stance going to apply to Huw Edwards?

Seriously, no offence intended.

Maybe we need a third verdict a la Scotland.... Case unproven?

We won’t need to discuss the differences between being found not guilty and being actually innocent with Huw Edwards because there’s not going to be a criminal trial.

I genuinely don’t think there’s a single person in this thread who can’t understand that not guilty =/= innocent and that some people will not be taking this verdict to be proof Mendy did nothing wrong.

It’s all performative, pretend bullshit, it’s all because the crime in question is rape, so we have to deal with the usual “when’s international MENS day?!!!” Type posters who like to take a not guilty verdict in a case like this as an excuse to partake in some misogyny and call all the women involved liars and false accusers and demand they are punished - when actually this case showed pretty clearly that false accusations are easily rooted out.

I dread to think how many posts the mods have had to remove in the last few hours.

Mendy will now rightly be paid tens of millions of pounds in loss of earnings (wages), missed commercial opportunities and severe reputational damage.

This will all be funded by the CPS which is funded by yours truly (the tax payer).

This is on top of the hundreds of thousands the trial will have cost.

What a shambles.

The CPS will not be paying anyone millions of pounds in tax payers money.
It's a shambles but not in the way you think.

Do City have a case here as well? A £50m asset has basically been made worthless for the last 3 years, and any potential sale has also been lost
No, it comes under the heading of shit happens. We might be able to make an insurance claim but that would be down to the small print.

Mendy will now rightly be paid tens of millions of pounds in loss of earnings (wages), missed commercial opportunities and severe reputational damage.

This will all be funded by the CPS which is funded by yours truly (the tax payer).

Really?

I don't think there's any compo for acquitted defendants from the crown, unless they can prove malicious prosecution?

Could be wrong.

What a shambles.
He wont be paid anything by the CPS or taxpayer

What a shambles.
I’m pretty sure that a person acquitted of a crime will only get
compensation if they can prove they were the victim of a malicious prosecution.

Good points. I don’t know the answers to the questions in your last paragraph.

Mendy’s partying was excessive and he was anything but a model professional footballer. He’s not a good guy.

One of the mistakes the CPS and people who’d assumed Mendy’s guilt appear to have made is that they thought none of the accusers knew each other / nor had they heard other women on the local party scene were bringing charges, prior to the allegations being in the media. That was extremely unrealistic and lacked common sense. I hope the CPS can be made to pay out or face other sanctions:
Didn’t realise that. Does seem quite a large oversight if so, doesn’t it?

I think a quick calculation makes that figure seem highly unlikely to be true, whoever said it.
One of the solicitors.

I'm not critising, id be fairly similar if I had his fame and fortune - although I'm older and would be a whole lot more careful due to the previously started law of averages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.