Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

I don't know about your stats but I'm talking about this specific case. The defendant is a famous and wealthy person in this case and he is found not guilty after a long and publicized trial.

And if this is a famous and wealthy person it means that the women lied?

The whole story just says that the accusations could not been proven. Not more - not less.

Before that injury against Southampton he looked awesome. Downhill after that, injury after injury after injury.
Yes Leroy could not get a look in because Mendy was attacking so well from the left. Only a brief period but shows what might have been.

That's not how the justice system works. Ultimately none of us know enough about the case to be playing judge and jury. It would also make rape even harder to prosecute in the future.

The court hasn't said that the alleged victims are lying, they aren't being sort for prosecution as far as I'm aware, what they accused Mendy of they may still believe that.

Mendy is just in the unfortunate position in this circumstance of being a public figure thus the mud is going to stick more.

Anonymity for the accused probably should be the way this is handled but that's incredibly hard to hide when a public figure is involved.

wasn't part of the evidence from the first trial that of a whatsapp chat between the girls who accused mendy and what they were going to do with him?

Grealish name was also referenced a few times from what I remember reading and throughout the paper articles.

I think what has certainly helped Mendy in this case, is that alot of the incidents were filmed & shown/proven as consensual

The whole thing has been a bit unedifying, but the jury’s verdict should be respected. Only those in the courtroom will have heard all the evidence, and as much as people like to speculate I don’t think it’s really right to cast aspersions on either Mendy or his accusers. He has been found not guilty, and that should draw a line under it, pending any appeal or re-trial.

You make a couple of interesting comments.

You say that the Club turned its back on him. He was suspended following crIminal charges being laid against him, which is standard procedure. In what way did the Club turn its back and what would you have expected them to do in the circumstances ?

You also say the Club ripped up his contract. Surely the truth is his contract expired and the Club chose not to offer him a new one.
He was not convicted but the club suspended him, what about being innocent until proven guilty ? the club said ok we are suspending you without pay, Mendy needed the club to back him and help him stand by him, Ok the bail was breached after the court released him from jail, but Mendy's head must have been messed up and all over the place and add the covid 19 outbreak,

Look its just my views
Mendy did put himself in that danger and liked to party and show off and was an easy target with hangers-on using him for money and a good life,

Let's hope he's learnt a valuable lesson and can still have a career in football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.