Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Give over, there was evidence a couple of these girls texted each other, there’s no way they all went back to a wealthy footballers mansion late at night not knowing what they were doing. As I said even one sexual assault is one too many but I was very sceptical that this happened so many times in such a short space of time. One of the accusers even went back a second time, it was just too coincidental.
So you’re saying going to a wealthy footballer’s house late at night is always on the pretext of having sex? This is going down the “she was asking for it” route.

Poor guy, but there again he shouldn't have been a party boy. People will take advantage and fake stuff if you're wealthy or if there's a chance to make money off you. Though I'm not saying that happened here, but the risk is there for him. Silly to be in that situation.
Too much money, not enough sense.

So you’re saying going to a wealthy footballer’s house late at night is always on the pretext of having sex? This is going down the “she was asking for it” route.
No he's not saying that. You're saying he said that. Shock and awe tactics.
What he's saying does happen, you're closing that conversion down though.

No i'm not.
I was pointing out you go to court, have a trial by jury then wait for the verdict. Exactly how the system works.
You were talking about someone else's post which said "What we do know with absolute certainty is that 7 women gave evidence against him over 2 separate trials. 2 juries heard ALL the evidence over many weeks and believed him over every single one of them."

Someone said that's not how it works, and explained the way criminal trials are decided. You disagreed and said, "that's exactly how it works".

If you agreed with the post in italics, then, I will say again, that's not how criminal trials work.

A civil trial result is based on who is believed on "the balance of probabilities". A criminal trial, quite rightly, has a much higher burden of proof - where the prosecution has to prove their case "beyond reasonable doubt". When it's two people talking about an event that there is little evidence for, and only the two people involved truly know what happened, then it's incredibly difficult for either side to "prove" what happened. That's the situation with rape, and is one reason why only around 1% of all reported rapes result in convictions.

So, in a criminal case it's not true that the "not guilty" party was "believed", or that the victims were not believed.

Definitely not but 8 or 9 in a short space of time? I think most girls wouldn’t accept an offer to go home with someone they’d just met, surely they’d accept a future date, get to know a man they liked and take it from there.

There were a couple of young girls that knocked about in the area where I used to go for drink, they were known as the “Spice Girls”, their sole objective was to trap as many married/with partners as possible. Some dickheads were caught out and two relationships didn’t survive, one of them slapped me across the face in a pub because I had the temerity of telling her she was ruining lives. She was thankfully barred for that. There’s manipulative people both male and female, I just think some of the girls in the Mendy case had ulterior motives.

Happy for him if all is above board. Looked very promising when he signed but He was never the same player after his injury so he was pretty much just a dreasing room figure in the end. Unfortunately for him Jack grealish is our new hype beast.

No he's not saying that. You're saying he said that. Shock and awe tactics.
What he's saying does happen, you're closing that conversion down though.
No I’m not. I’m saying he’s suggesting the women knew what was going to happen by going there. Anyway this is all moot, for now. He’s been found not guilty by the legal system and that’s fine by me. If he thinks the accusers “colluded”, which is a really serious allegation and worse than just lying about their individual circumstances - @hammocity thinks it’s obvious - then he can go for them and I’m okay with that too. He probably won’t.

My overriding thought in all this? I’m happy he’s not a rapist and no rapes have been determined but I still think he’s a **** for the way he treats women. That bit is based on the facts.

Definitely not but 8 or 9 in a short space of time? I think most girls wouldn’t accept an offer to go home with someone they’d just met, surely they’d accept a future date, get to know a man they liked and take it from there.

There were a couple of young girls that knocked about in the area where I used to go for drink, they were known as the “Spice Girls”, their sole objective was to trap as many married/with partners as possible. Some dickheads were caught out and two relationships didn’t survive, one of them slapped me across the face in a pub because I had the temerity of telling her she was ruining lives. She was thankfully barred for that. There’s manipulative people both male and female, I just think some of the girls in the Mendy case had ulterior motives.
I agree with you on most of that actually. I don’t know how rapists/predators operate though, whether 8 or 9 in x days is normal or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.