Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

No I’m not. I’m saying he’s suggesting the women knew what was going to happen by going there. Anyway this is all moot, for now. He’s been found not guilty by the legal system and that’s fine by me. If he thinks the accusers “colluded”, which is a really serious allegation and worse than just lying about their individual circumstances - @hammocity thinks it’s obvious - then he can go for them and I’m okay with that too. He probably won’t.

My overriding thought in all this? I’m happy he’s not a rapist and no rapes have been determined but I still think he’s a **** for the way he treats women. That bit is based on the facts.
This response articulates everything I've not been able to say myself.

No I’m not. I’m saying he’s suggesting the women knew what was going to happen by going there. Anyway this is all moot, for now. He’s been found not guilty by the legal system and that’s fine by me. If he thinks the accusers “colluded”, which is a really serious allegation and worse than just lying about their individual circumstances - @hammocity thinks it’s obvious - then he can go for them and I’m okay with that too. He probably won’t.

My overriding thought in all this? I’m happy he’s not a rapist and no rapes have been determined but I still think he’s a **** for the way he treats women. That bit is based on the facts.
Haven't followed the case that closely so just wondering how has he treated the women badly? Presumably he just had sex with a willing partner (if you accept there was no rape). I haven't heard anything about any other form of abuse but as I said, I haven't really heard much about the case other than the charges and verdicts.

Haven't followed the case that closely so just wondering how has he treated the women badly? Presumably he just had sex with a willing partner (if you accept there was no rape). I haven't heard anything about any other form of abuse but as I said, I haven't really heard much about the case other than the charges and verdicts.
More about his opinion of the opposite sex than suggesting violence or anything towards individuals. I formed the opinion that he simply wanted to bed as many women as possible and whilst I don’t suggest that in itself is wrong (if you treat partners with respect) I don’t like wealthy celebrities using their fame and money to facilitate it, especially when connected to my team. Although innocent his actions caught up with him.

There may have been “comparing of notes” due to the similarities in circumstances between each of the accusers, I’ve no idea, but to suggest it was obvious that these women planned to deceive or cheat the legal system and by default Mendy is hardly obvious from what’s in the public domain.
If I remember correctly I think it was certainly inferred from mendys defence in the first trial that there was communications between the alleged victims in a way to discredit them

Fundamentally,if he’d concentrated on being a professional footballer and leading a lifestyle commensurate to his job as a top athlete rather than knobbing anything that breathed he would have been a top player. It matters not if it was 1000 or 10000; it’s still essentially immoral to have sex with that many women.
Real pity as he had proper talent but at the end of the day he’s only got himself to blame.
I don’t feel sorry for the guy given how he regarded women.
I’m just fucked off he cost us £50 million plus wages and gave City unwanted publicity.

The whole thing was a glimpse into the world of the chronically shallow and vaccuous person who need to be adored and find a thrill in the lifestyle of the beautiful people
Just out of interest, is that about Mendy or the women who slept with him (or both)?

I have always grown up feeling I should believe in our justice system as it is part of the foundations of our country. Despite errors I still feel that way.
The system has found him Not Guilty.
Some of the comments here & elsewhere on social media are disgraceful, with far reaching implications that aren’t justified. It’s a free for all and this young man can’t answer any of those comments.
That’s how I see him, a young victim. His career in tatters, forever labelled & god only knows what state his mental health is in.
I have 3 sons not much younger than him & I have no idea how they’d cope in such circumstances without the media scrutiny BM has faced.
He’s behaved like an idiot and somewhere in his first trial he admitted that. That’s not a crime, you only have to go into town on a weekend evening to observe similar idiots in action.
I am really saddened to have observed the unravelling of his young life so publicly to eventually be here today free from any charge.
I wish him well. I hope as a club someone quietly reaches out and offers support.

Pleased he has been found not guilty , the truth has come out, but his career is in tatters because of his attitude to women in general and his presumptuous arrogance towards his career he used his fame and fortune to get his end away on a regular basis if he had put the same effort into his football he had all the attributes to be a great player
It appears he is surrounded by hangers-on and has taken bad advice , and the fact he is down to his last few million quid will not get any sympathy from me , he has got a second chance and he needs to knuckle down ditch all the idiots who have been leading him astray and rebuild what was once a promising career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.