Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

I think you're mixing up civil and criminal levels of proof.

In a case like this, the jury aren't listening to both sides and deciding who is more believable. They are told to find him guilty only if they are absolutely sure. So, they can listen to both sides, and if they can't make up their minds, then they have to go with not guilty.

What you're describing is "the balance of probabilities", which is used in civil cases, where both sides are heard, and a decision made on which to believe.
No i'm not.
I was pointing out you go to court, have a trial by jury then wait for the verdict. Exactly how the system works.

It was obvious there was collusion, if you’re naive enough to think there wasn’t that’s your problem, it’s kind of a personal insult that’s not necessary.
There may have been “comparing of notes” due to the similarities in circumstances between each of the accusers, I’ve no idea, but to suggest it was obvious that these women planned to deceive or cheat the legal system and by default Mendy is hardly obvious from what’s in the public domain.

There may have been “comparing of notes” due to the similarities in circumstances between each of the accusers, I’ve no idea, but to suggest it was obvious that these women planned to deceive or cheat the legal system and by default Mendy is hardly obvious from what’s in the public domain.
I think it’s more likely that word went round the party scene that there was money to be made by bringing charges against Mendy. We may never know and there might be some genuine victims.

Last edited:
I think it’s more likely that word went round the party scene they there was money to be made by brining charges against Mendy. We may never know and there might be some genuine victims.
But this is the danger. Things like “think” and “naive to think” are just guesses based on human behaviour observed elsewhere, or on hearsay that may or may not be relevant in this case. The CPS and police are surely the best placed to decide the motives of the accusers and whether to proceed. They, and Mendy, are within their rights to pursue it further should further information come to light after the process has started that makes them believe this was a coordinated malicious accusation but I haven’t read anything to suggest it was.

Give over, there was evidence a couple of these girls texted each other, there’s no way they all went back to a wealthy footballers mansion late at night not knowing what they were doing. As I said even one sexual assault is one too many but I was very sceptical that this happened so many times in such a short space of time. One of the accusers even went back a second time, it was just too coincidental.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.