Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough bad news this week....has been terrible after Ederson and Silva so quickly locked up looked like a fantastic start to the transfer craziness.

I dont think i can bare another season with a lackluster fullback...

It's June 6, knee-jerk reactions like this are totally unjustified.

If Mendy wants to come, he'll come. Of course Monaco are trying to convince him to stay, that's to be expected.

Difference this year is: Clichy's gone. We need a new fullback and we'll be getting one. At this point, it's Mendy.

It's June 6, knee-jerk reactions like this are totally unjustified.

If Mendy wants to come, he'll come. Of course Monaco are trying to convince him to stay, that's to be expected.

Difference this year is: Clichy's gone. We need a new fullback and we'll be getting one. At this point, it's Mendy.

I can understand the "knee-jerk" reactions tho mate....Sandro to Mendy to Bertrand is enough to make anyone panic!;) I personally think we could just be putting this out there to put pressure on Monaco/Mendy to stop playing games and get on with it...next few weeks should be interesting!

Maybe we always planned to sign both Bertrand AND Mendy? I dont think anyone can argue we need 3 or 4 new players for the fullback position.

Bertrand AND Mendy?

Kolarov permanently a backup central defender, and perhaps we only just closed the door on Virgil Van Dijk?

I'd assume City always knew Mendy would cost upwards of £40m. My best guess is it's a ploy to put pressure on Monaco.

If it isn't, Bertrand is a fine 7/10 player. Not the best LB around, but very dependable.

Of course Monaco are playing hardball. They are going to have to rebuild their squad this summer and aren't going to let their prize assets walk for the first offer that comes in.

I can understand the "knee-jerk" reactions tho mate....Sandro to Mendy to Bertrand is enough to make anyone panic!;) I personally think we could just be putting this out there to put pressure on Monaco/Mendy to stop playing games and get on with it...next few weeks should be interesting!

Maybe we always planned to sign both Bertrand AND Mendy? I dont think anyone can argue we need 3 or 4 new players for the fullback position.

Didn't Khaldoon say it'd be a similar number of players we sign every summer, which is about 5/6(not including youth)?

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 4m4 minutes ago
*If* City move for Bertrand - I dunno what progress there is but he is of interest - then it'll be because Monaco have persuaded Mendy

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 2m2 minutes ago
But I'd never have been surprised if City signed both. Mendy and Walker are top choices and they want other options too.

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 1m1 minute ago
Monaco just want to keep him

Very disappointing. What good is money if it only sits in the bank? They're losing Mendy just like they lost VVD.

Very disappointing. What good is money if it only sits in the bank? They're losing Mendy just like they lost VVD.

The two are in no way connected. The same sources said we never bid on VVD. Here we are actively bidding on Mendy but getting gouged by Monaco. It's going to take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.