Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rags are ecstatic about this news on RC. I really hope this is not true.

Who cares? Who have the rags signed? Nobody.

They almost signed Griezmann, Lacazette and Perisic though. Absolute joke of a club.

Don't know what the panic is. It's going to be like this all summer so chill out. We'll have 2 options at full back. That's peps priority so any Bertrand deal is pretty irrelevant to any mendy deal. We'll either buy 2 left backs and no cd, or 1 left back and 1 cd as it's clear kolo is going to cover for either position.

This. It's getting tiring seeing the same people come in and flap over the slightest negative report.

3 this season in a very defensive team compared to 4 in Mendy's entire career
One is 22. One is 27.

And according to Wiki Bertrand has 2 goals this seasons in all compititions.

And to say it again: 8 goals in 334 games. He is not a goal scorer. I never said that Mendy was a goal scorer.

Hmm think I will wait for a better source than sky on this but if true and we won't pay for Mendy at only 22 Walker at 27 at £40-50 mil would surely be in doubt I would have thought.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe we are both Mendy and Bertrand.

For what it's worth, I like Bertrand. Followed his career since his early loan with Oldham.

Would be an excellent back up option to Mendy.

One is 22. One is 27.

And according to Wiki Bertrand has 2 goals this seasons in all compititions.

And to say it again: 8 goals in 334 games. He is not a goal scorer. I never said that Mendy was a goal scorer.

2 in the league and 1 in the cup...His wiki hasn't been updated. this is his 3rd season in the prem as first choice left back and he's been adding goals to his game. Take the shackles off him and he'd score more I reckon. Mendy isn't getting goals in the top scoring team in Europe, he even created less chances than Bertrand. Mendy is no better or worse than Bertrand imo.

In the last two years Sane, DeBruyne, Stones & Sterling have all been pretty protracted deals and we have signed them, we have also missed out on the occasional player like Pogba. Other clubs will be asking for as much as they think they can get we will be trying to avoid overpaying there will be negotiations. We aren't going to get everyone that we want but hopefully most will come
It is frustrating when you think a player will arrive and they don't but there is no point in fretting to much. If we grossly overpay it will come back to bite us.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe we are both Mendy and Bertrand.

For what it's worth, I like Bertrand. Followed his career since his early loan with Oldham.

Would be an excellent back up option to Mendy.

This is what i'm hoping. Bertrand is a solid back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.