Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bulldogblue, post: 10271152, member: 66279"]Respected source mate. But what do
I know just sat on the beach in Turkey with nothing else to do.[/QUOTE]

The source is From the City side or from Monaco ?

I think some people believe that Txiki works for Bluemoon and his role at the club is to take care of all the insecurities laid bare on this site - he's actually working for the club trying to secure some difficult high profile targets. We can judge this window in September but so far he's doing fine.

Completely agreed. It seems that my ironic tone didn't get across the distance between screen and reader.
He's doing just fine. Getting Mendy alone was a major coup that virtually no-one saw coming. Ederson too will, I firmly believe, have a huge impact on the way the entire defence performs next season. So already, we're ahead of the game.
It was just another way of saying that Mendy is, in my view, the highest priority of nearly everyone we've got in our sights. We simply cannot envisage starting the season without the recruitment of him or someone with his potentiality (and actually, I don't see anyone else who really fits that bill). But tons of time between now and then. Only in September will we see what the recruitment window properly looks like.

Edit: my bad. I meant, of course, getting Silva alone was etc. It just shows how much I'm thinking about Mendy.

Does anyone have information/guess as to what's the primary factor in holding up this deal?

Is it Monaco's reluctance to sell? Or is it Mendy still shopping around for his best deal?

I get the impression it's more of the 2nd... could be wrong though.

Does anyone have information/guess as to what's the primary factor in holding up this deal?

Is it Monaco's reluctance to sell? Or is it Mendy still shopping around for his best deal?

I get the impression it's more of the 2nd... could be wrong though.

Looks like Mendy has agreed terms with us and Monaco are just trying to drive up the fee as much as possible.

Could be - we bought Silva right off the bat though...

Maybe, they could of done the same with Bernardo, we don't know. They could be also trying to drive up the price as they know we are absolutely desperate for a LB so they have more leverage on this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.