Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does Mendy look as big as Mangala? Judging from his highlights he seems very willing to play defense, rough and uses his body, is it me or does he have the look of a central defender in a back three as well as being able to play as a wing back or a LB? I would think Pep is looking for players who can fit multiple positions whether its a back 3 or 4. Mendy and Fabinho both seem to fit that idea.

Looks like he's with the national team this afternoon...

Equipe de France‏Verified account @equipedefrance
.@benmendy23 @KMbappe et Thomas #Lemar de nouveau réunis à Clairefontaine. #FiersdetreBleus #FRAPAR

DA_enl1XgAAt4-M.jpg

The Sessegnon comment was a pushback at the "he is young and thus will be worth the expensive price" trend that emerged in the prior few pages. Hence why I put an asterix. I was simply suggesing if we are going for potential, the 16 year old first teamer at Fulham sounds like better potential to me.

Now to the players Ive suggested in the past:
Lovren, yes in 2011 I believe he was abetter defender than Lescott. I still do. But better still, he was better than everyone we bought in that period. Savic, Nastacic, Demichelis, and then Mangala.

Amavi apparently is who Monaco is eyeing to replace Mendy. So make of that what you will. I thought Amavi was fantastic in France and was well on his way here until that injury. Amavi over Kolarov? I'd have taken that all day.

Nolito was never a player I pined for. I think I mentioned him once on a list of wingers not at top clubs we should look at. Never saw anything special in him, and was openly anti us buying him last summer. But that was more a fucntiom of me being an ageist and wanting more speed and guile on the wings.
As it turns out, I was wrong about Nolito, he is a better player than I gave him credit for. Even if he fell after Sane rose.

Boufal, yes I'm enamoured by his skill. And he was one of the 4 wingers I hoped City bought 3 of Asensio, Sane and Gabriel. As I thought we needed 4 skillful/ speedy wingers. 3 new ones plus Sterling. We got 2 of those 4 plus Nolito. Would probably have preferred Boufal.

Ghezal I believe was a retort to those who wanted us to go get Mahrez. I simply pointed out if its s Mahrez type player you want Ghexzal is a cheaper clone. Same way I suggested Gueye as a cheaper version of Kante. On both counts those opinions are still valied.

I purposely left Pastors for last, as this might be the one player who my expectations of fell terribly short. He finally got very good the last 2 years, but I was expecting David Silva like success from him. So on Pastore I raise my hand.

But with these players mentioned in this city team, where would we honestly be?

Everyone gets things wrong from time to time and I reckon going back to my original posts I have probably said some ridiculous things, so It is easy to see in hindsight, but I was merely pointing out that favouring a 16 year old kid over a champions league experienced player at this moment in time is a long shot. I do agree with you on Theo Hernandez though, I think he looks very very good.

That was my thoughts too. No way Juve are buying a £40m left back unless Sandro is leaving. Hope it's true. Prefer Sandro.

We're 1/12 with SkyBet to sign Mendy. Maybe some minor hold up but he'll be a City player soon. As much as we'd like to sign Sandro, Juve are horrible to do business with and just take the p*ss. Mendy has the potential to be better than Samdro IMO.

Don't know how true it is but got told today Mendy and Walker was at the training ground last week and have already had their medicals. Could be BS though. Before anyone asks my uncle told me who works with someone whos brother works at city. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.