Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are making a whopping assumption there mate - were you present? Do you KNOW that we paid the maximum asking price - or are you just regurgitating what you hear?

Yes I am regurgitating what every news outlet reports. What do you have? What are you basing your arguments on? The belief that "we'll never pay that"? And where does that belief come from?

I think our owners want the club to be a winner club. Otherwise they would've hired big Sam, Koeman or have kept Pellers instead of chasing Pep for years and they would never spend the money to bring players like Yaya, Kun, Silva and others.

But something changed in the past few years, something changed from bringing players who were deemed impossible to bring according to our status 8-10 years ago to haggling over a few quids on main transfer targets and settling for what we can.

Pep doesn't have a magic wand to win titles with whatever we throw at him. He needs first class players. We're wasting his time and owners' money if we're unable to get him his main targets and have to settle with what we can.

I understand the difficulty in signing Neymar, Mbappe but I don't think they'll be happy if we miss out on main LB targets when we have no LBs, settle with what we can and lose the league and look poor in Europe.

I think the owners in Abu Dhabi have invested in this club to make it number 1 in PL and a serious challengers to clubs like RM in Europe.

Like PSG are doing.

And in the long run, when you become a winner, your brand value and revenues increase and you become less and less dependent on owner investment. The club becomes a more profitable business and that will make owners happy.

Is this so hard to understand? Clubs like Real Madrid and Bayern have huge commercial revenues because of their success. And they don't depend on owner investment. Take a moment and read this: https://www2.deloitte.com/mk/en/pag...articles/deloitte-football-money-league2.html

Are you suggesting that it's only our owners sovereign wealth fund that is propping us up and our vast turnover from commercial deals and TV income is a figment of our imagination? That's sounding like nonsense from RAWK or some Tarquin gooner.

We should just pay 50+m for him. It's a ridiculous fee, but there just aren't other top, young left-backs available.

This is the last window where the whole word knows we're desperate to get two main targets for two specific positions. After this, we'll have quality players in every position and will have a wide field to choose from so this is the last time we'll have zero leverage and can be held hostage for an insane fee.

If we start going above the £50 million mark then we start going in to Sandro/Alaba territory who IMO are better players than Mendy. Don't let Monaco bend us over, fuck them French wankers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.