benji to sunderland

may aswell keep him till the end of season to cover for crocky santa cruz...1.5 million isn't money we're desperate for.
he's willing to fight for the cause - content to see out his contract and help out when needed.

Sky saying now could be on his way to Blackburn before 5pm.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_5908935,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 35,00.html</a>

BBC Radio 5 live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis: "Sunderland are close to securing the services of Spurs defender Alan Hutton. And a Benjani loan deal is also a possibility at Stadium of Light."

SSN just said it depends whether the paperwork was done in time and sent to the right fax machine.

C_T_I_D said:
SSN just said it depends whether the paperwork was done in time and sent to the right fax machine.
Shit. If Benjani goes, we are going to be desperately short of striker cover. Bad decision in my view.

steve Bruce is hopeful Benjani will be joining the club after Sunderland's last-gasp move for the Manchester City striker.

Speaking before Monday night's ESPN game with Stoke Bruce said his club had got all the paperwork off on time and were awaiting confirmation.

The 31-year-old Zimbabwean had been in talks with Blackburn but now his fate rests with the Premier League.

When asked if Benjani would be heading to the Stadium of Light Bruce said: "We hope so, we have done everything properly. It was very, very late but we hope it's been accepted by the FA.

"It was pretty hectic at five to five when everything was going in there. At this moment in time I'm not so sure but Niall Quinn the chairman is very, very confident that it has been completed."

Bruce also said he hoped Kenwyne Jones would hit top form again after his proposed move to Liverpool failed to materialise.

He said: "I think it's been unfortunate. there's been no offer from anyone for Kenwyne Jones. I think I've made it public about the Liverpool thing with a loan deal being bridged and obviously it's turned the boy's head a bit.

"My big aim is to get him turned round a bit and to be the Sunderland centre forward like we know he can be. He's a fantastic player and a good boy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.