Berlin

It's a great city, went there for my 40th. Went with the family so can't really give much advice on the nightlife side of things, but there's plenty of good sightseeing to be done.

When it comes to sightseeing, Berlin has a list as long as your arm plus I find the history around the wall utterly fascinating, but you do have a point. Take all that away and you're left with a sprawling city that's no better or worse than many others in Germany IMO. For me, Germany has many other smaller towns and cities that are a must see. I've been to Aachen, Nuremberg, and Leipzig recently and would recommend them all. The most picturesque of the lot though is Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and there's a fascinating story as to why the Americans spared it from being flattened at the back end of the second world war.

By chance, I stayed in Rothenburg during the 2006 World Cup - had never even heard of it before - stunning place

Please does anybody have any recommendations of what area to stay in?

Seen a hotel in Friedrichswerder which looks central to me..

Please does anybody have any recommendations of what area to stay in?

Seen a hotel in Friedrichswerder which looks central to me..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.