Bernard Halford Life President

cyberblue said:
Why is it at Some Clubs, just like in Politics that People who get well paid for having a Cushy number Get Rewards above all proportion ,I have nothing against Bernard but have not a clue what he does at the club .Would much rather people who work behind the Scenes on low wages get rewarded

You are well out of order with this post. You admit you do not know what he does but still post a negativecomment. Us Blues that aren't 'cyber' know exactly what Bernard has done for many many years.

No doubting his being a big Blue.....and a nice guy, used to live a couple of streets from me and was a regular in our local then, The Horseshoe, Newton Heath.

However, from things he said himself, he has WAY too much on all the goings on at the club over the years and regimes, that now they will do anything it takes to keep him sweet now rather than risk him writing up his memoirs for publication, lmfao....

Met the guy on a couple of occasions, lovely guy and blue through and through. An absolute gentleman and been a loyal sevant for years.
Deyna signed for City in BH study.

Bernard Halford has been a loyal servant to City and its fans. He once tried to help get me in at Chesterfield after I had left my ticket at home. He went to see their safety officer when he was told they would not duplicate a ticket . He spent the next quarter of an hour with Cheserfield officials trying to talk them round. He re apppeared "saying he was very sorry but he could not get me in". I was gutted but really appreciated his efforts to help an ordinary fan.
He is a good guy,who loves the club and its fans.

Gaudino said:
No doubting his being a big Blue.....and a nice guy, used to live a couple of streets from me and was a regular in our local then, The Horseshoe, Newton Heath.

However, from things he said himself, he has WAY too much on all the goings on at the club over the years and regimes, that now they will do anything it takes to keep him sweet now rather than risk him writing up his memoirs for publication, lmfao....

Good point, but I think Mr H is far too much of a gentleman to ever contemplate dishing the dirt. That said, I'd love to read a fly-on-the-wall account of the grubby Swales era, though...

Blue Mist said:
cyberblue said:
Why is it at Some Clubs, just like in Politics that People who get well paid for having a Cushy number Get Rewards above all proportion ,I have nothing against Bernard but have not a clue what he does at the club .Would much rather people who work behind the Scenes on low wages get rewarded

You are well out of order with this post. You admit you do not know what he does but still post a negativecomment. Us Blues that aren't 'cyber' know exactly what Bernard has done for many many years.
Look I have met Bernard on a Few ocasions & have nothing whatsover against him .Just wondering what he does at the club now . Dont forget though Bernard oversaw some proper Fiascos as well .Good luck to him get though

Prestwich_Blue said:
Among other things, he is responsible for making sure the club meets all their legal obligations re filing of accounts, statutory returns and other responsibilities. He will have handled share flotations and issues, plus organising AGMs. He will be the main contact with the FA and Premier League, doing all the paperwork for transfers and contracts and ensuring we are compliant with all relevant football regulations.

He will also be responsible for ensuring fixtures are properly organised and that everyone gets where they need to when they need to, as well as ticketing.

Yeah, but apart from - making sure the club meets all their legal obligations re filing of accounts, statutory returns and other responsibilities, handling share flotations and issues, organising AGMs, being the main contact with the FA and Premier League, doing all the paperwork for transfers and contracts and ensuring we are compliant with all relevant football regulations - what does he actually do?

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Among other things, he is responsible for making sure the club meets all their legal obligations re filing of accounts, statutory returns and other responsibilities. He will have handled share flotations and issues, plus organising AGMs. He will be the main contact with the FA and Premier League, doing all the paperwork for transfers and contracts and ensuring we are compliant with all relevant football regulations.

He will also be responsible for ensuring fixtures are properly organised and that everyone gets where they need to when they need to, as well as ticketing.

Yeah, but apart from - making sure the club meets all their legal obligations re filing of accounts, statutory returns and other responsibilities, handling share flotations and issues, organising AGMs, being the main contact with the FA and Premier League, doing all the paperwork for transfers and contracts and ensuring we are compliant with all relevant football regulations - what does he actually do?

A bit like the Romans then ....... I mean what did they ever do for us?

Gaudino said:

Exactly, Bernard knows where all the bodies are buried. He's one of the last links with the old days. I don't think it's altogether a bad thing.

Bernard is a top bloke, lucky enough to have been in his company at a few city do's over the years. Blue through and through and a gent!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.