Bernard

"SIGN HIM UP CHEEKY!"

tumblr_lzkt4ifmrF1qhelj9o1_500.gif

BillyShears said:
pee dubya said:
So that some super rich club can buy him for 5x the price in a couple of years.

It's an easier transition in terms of the quality of the league and the lifestyle though - going from Brazil to Portugal.

I do like the look of Bernard although I've only really seen him play a handful of times.
Yeah i know, and they have plenty of imports who fail that we never hear about, i just sometimes wish we were a bit more adventurous in our signings. I think the last player we bought directly from S. America was Vuoso?

Most of the Porto fans I know aren't confident on getting Bernard, they think he's going to Shakhtar instead. They look like they're getting Quintero off Pescara instead

pee dubya said:
BillyShears said:
pee dubya said:

It's an easier transition in terms of the quality of the league and the lifestyle though - going from Brazil to Portugal.

I do like the look of Bernard although I've only really seen him play a handful of times.
Yeah i know, and they have plenty of imports who fail that we never hear about, i just sometimes wish we were a bit more adventurous in our signings. I think the last player we bought directly from S. America was Vuoso?

You've got to look at it from the players' point of view. Bernard is a lad who's only played 40 competitive games in his whole career so far. At Porto he'll have a fairly strong chance of adding significantly to that number in a more competitive league but one which isn't the harsh environs of the PL.

I completely take your point, I would've loved for City to have done this deal as we really do need a left sided attacker/wide player to add to the ranks and i'd much prefer a punt on Bernard than paying through the nose for Jovetic for example.

pee dubya said:
BillyShears said:
pee dubya said:

Geovanni

kun said:
pee dubya said:
BillyShears said:

Geovanni

Has Ukraine moved?

Former Barca and Benfica player Geovanni? We signed him from Brazil but he'd been in Europe for about 5 years before that. He'd more be in the Fred category

BigOscar said:
Former Barca and Benfica player Geovanni? We signed him from Brazil but he'd been in Europe for about 5 years before that. He'd more be in the Fred category

You are right Geovanni was a free agent after being released by Cruzeiro. He was training with Portsmouth and City signed shortly after.

pee dubya said:
BillyShears said:
pee dubya said:

And that worked out well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.