Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got to step up now. Would love to see him given a more central role alongside Gundogan if Kevin doesn't make it on Tuesday.

With David out, this was the perfect opportunity to see what he could do in a central role. Quite disappointed that we haven't made the most of the opportunity so far.

I feel like Bernardo is in a similar position to the likes of De Bruyne and Fernandinho were last season. He, like they were, is playing well, but it's taking some time to appreciate the complexity of Guardiola's system and he is not playing at his peak yet. We will likely see the best of him, and he is a supreme talent, next season when he is fully integrated.

Can you? really?. he offers little or no threat, is slow and his shooting isn't up to much. Poor buy on the evidence so far.
Have to agree with you, very predictable he has no change of pace and always looks to pass back or moves inside his man.His shooting ability is also weak. If he played more central it maybe would help and put Sterling out on the right.

Have to agree with you, very predictable he has no change of pace and always looks to pass back or moves inside his man.His shooting ability is also weak. If he played more central it maybe would help and put Sterling out on the right.

I rate him because he proved this at Monaco. What i agree with you is that i think he will thrive more in a more central position and with players such as Sterling, Sane, Walker and Mendy providing the runs for him out wide.

Problem is we have 2 of the worlds best in David and Kev already cemented in those positions. The thing is Pep will always play a player he is not fully accustomed to (so to say) in another position so that they gain more experience of positional play etc - i think that is what he is doing with Bernado at the moment, and which is why we wont see the best of him until next season

dave and kev probably out v watford so no excuse for not playing him in the middle,if i'm wrong and he is crap there i will eat my hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.