Bernardo Silva - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love him, but he's been shocking this season. Biggest drop in performance level in the whole squad when you consider how good he was last year.
One of the reason he's been worse this season is because his best position is the position occupied by KDB. KDB was out last season so Bernardo had his time to shine. His engine and workrate does not do itself justice on the wings. Hopefully he can adapt to playing as the left centermid

I can definitely see him playing for madrid or barca when he's like 28. He's one of my favourite players, but he doesn't really strike me as an one club man

One of the reason he's been worse this season is because his best position is the position occupied by KDB. KDB was out last season so Bernardo had his time to shine. His engine and workrate does not do itself justice on the wings. Hopefully he can adapt to playing as the left centermid

Yup he was pretty good the year KDB was injured and had to play as the right sided #8. They basically did the same job in that position in attack, but in different ways. When Mahrez had the ball on the wing they both make a run toward the byline. The difference is when Kev got the ball his crosses created the width. When Bernardo got the ball, his shiftiness made it hard for the defender who was tracking his run. He was basically acting as another winger 1 on 1 with that defender on the inside. He could cut back inside and shoot or outside to toe poke a cross. It was still very effective. Not too sure about him on the left tbh.

Last edited:
Love him, but he's been shocking this season. Biggest drop in performance level in the whole squad when you consider how good he was last year.
The big drop in performance level you speak of is down to one thing.A lack of energy/burnout.
Last season he played a major part in City winning 4 titles,and then helped Portugal win the nations cup during the summer.
Then....he was the first person to report back for pre season training for City.
The physiological effect of the Media witch hunt/racism row ,all drawn out in public,over many many weeks ,imo damaged the player further.
There is no way such a gifted ,supremely talented foptballer was gonna come back from all that and simply repeat that high level of football.
There is/was too much football being played at the top level....Bernardo Silva put his heart into last season,and was,imo,running on empty this.
Not sure who to blame for this,but its not the player.Somebody,somewhere should have been aware of his fatigue.A Great player,but only human.

Does n't sound good. Although he has not had a great season, I would not want to lose him.

It says he was joking in the tweet even if there is some truth in it. I know I'd rather be there than here.

Part of what makes him so endearing is that he's a cheeky fucker but he's also a world class player and, form aside, one of our very best. Part of that package is that we'll see him linked with other clubs from time to time like we always have with the others.

I wouldn't take those stories or his sense of humour seriously. If it happens, it happens but things like this aren't going to be indicators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.