Bernardo Silva - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BernardoCSilva on City players being snubbed for individual awards: “We talk about it, and we feel it is unfair, but what matters is that we have won four titles and I have even added it to the Euro Nations. But the nominee is entitled to choose the players..."

Pep knows,the players know,we know except frank

It is human nature , players ofcourse want individual recognition as well

There is an element of our achievements being marginalised because we're City, but you have to admit that if someone doesn't watch the PL every week, like a lot of the voters, why would they vote for us?

Not only have we not won the CL, but we've not even won a big European tie under Pep. We've played Shalke, Basel, Monaco, Liverpool and Spurs in the knock out rounds, and lost the only 2 against semi-big sides.

If the players want individual prizes, we need to beat Real, Atletico, Barca, Bayern, Juventus in the Champions League, and because it's us, we probably need to win it.

These votes are mostly based on a few stand out performances against big opposition when the entire world is watching that game, that's why the CL winners or world cup winners always get such a stupidly large bias.

There is an element of our achievements being marginalised because we're City, but you have to admit that if someone doesn't watch the PL every week, like a lot of the voters, why would they vote for us?

Not only have we not won the CL, but we've not even won a big European tie under Pep. We've played Shalke, Basel, Monaco, Liverpool and Spurs in the knock out rounds, and lost the only 2 against semi-big sides.

If the players want individual prizes, we need to beat Real, Atletico, Barca, Bayern, Juventus in the Champions League, and because it's us, we probably need to win it.

These votes are mostly based on a few stand out performances against big opposition when the entire world is watching that game, that's why the CL winners or world cup winners always get such a stupidly large bias.
Come on now,our journo's don't vote for our players,they haven't ever done it,think of all our oldies,all at their top of there game for years but never player of the year or any awards,it's a scandal,centurians and then treble winners but no player of the year except raz but that was for other reasons than on the pitch,plenty of domestic awards that sergio, dave ,dinho,kevand yaya have never won,they won't get and recognition playing for ua,it's been a clear pattern for 10 yrs now,big bad arab cheats is why that has happened
As for players not watching the prem i don't agree,they all have team mates playing here,it's the best league with the most exciting things happening,after watching real and barca who else is there to watch in spain? bayern in germany?

Last edited:
Come on now,our journo's don't vote for our players,they haven't ever done it,think of all our oldies,all at their top of there game for years but never player of the year or any awards,it's a scandal,centurians and then treble winners but no player of the year except raz but that was for other reasons than on the pitch,plenty of domestic awards that sergio, dave ,dinho,kevand yaya have never won,they won't get and recognition playing for ua,it's been a clear pattern for 10 yrs now,big bad arab cheats is why that has happened

Journalists voted for Raheem Sterling as player of the year 6 months ago over Van Dijk. The players voted for Sterling as Young player of the Year. The year before, Sané won YPOTY. In the past 2 seasons, we've had 6 POTY nominations.

The time for complaining about no one giving City players recognition domestically is over. Should someone have won the main award? Yes, obviously, but they suffer from a Liverpool bias in the media and splitting the vote because any one of 6 City players could claim it.

European awards are about the Champions League, they always have been, there's no continent-wide conspiracy at play.

Journalists voted for Raheem Sterling as player of the year 6 months ago over Van Dijk. The players voted for Sterling as Young player of the Year. The year before, Sané won YPOTY. In the past 2 seasons, we've had 6 POTY nominations.

The time for complaining about no one giving City players recognition domestically is over. Should someone have won the main award? Yes, obviously, but they suffer from a Liverpool bias in the media and splitting the vote because any one of 6 City players could claim it.

European awards are about the Champions League, they always have been, there's no continent-wide conspiracy at play.
Raz won young player of the year for the way he took on the racist only,nominations mean nothing,they would look rather stupid not even doing that,the media here start very early with who they want as player of the year and that's who they push for,you are in denial if you don't think dave ,kev or sergio etc would not have won all the awards if they played in any shade of red

Raz won young player of the year for the way he took on the racist only,nominations mean nothing,they would look rather stupid not even doing that,the media here start very early with who they want as player of the year and that's who they push for,you are in denial if you don't think dave ,kev or sergio etc would have won all the awards if they played in any shade of red

So you believe that people all across Europe sit down and vote for Van Dijk over Bernardo in UEFA's awards because Bernardo plays for City and not because Van Dijk lead his team to the CL?

Nice steer away from domestic awards

Bernardo Silva isn't talking about the domestic awards, and nor am I. That was pretty fucking obvious from my comment, and you ignored it, so I reminded you that actually we've been OK in the domestic awards lately, given how we won 2 out of the 3 last season and had 3/6 nominations for the one we didn't win.

Bernardo Silva isn't talking about the domestic awards, and nor am I. That was pretty fucking obvious from my comment, and you ignored it, so I reminded you that actually we've been OK in the domestic awards lately, given how we won 2 out of the 3 last season and had 3/6 nominations for the one we didn't win.
The reason raz won was his leadership on racism,the press pack have crucified him for everything in his life and football right up until the moment he spoke out but they had to get on side with that,as i say nominations don't matter,we had 198pts in 2 seasons so we were nominated but there was never any intention of them voting for them to win,bernie was talking about any awards in the tweet i posted ,jesus you are hard work

The reason raz won was his leadership on racism,the press pack have crucified him for everything in his life and football right up until the moment he spoke out but they had to get on side with that,as i say nominations don't matter,we had 198pts in 2 seasons so we were nominated but there was never any intention of them voting for them to win,bernie was talking about any awards in the tweet i posted ,jesus you are hard work

So just to be clear, you're now complaining that Sterling won 2 awards last year because you're not sure of the motivation behind it.

You've created a paranoid delusion when it's a travesty if our players don't win, and if they do win it doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.