Bernardo Silva contract situation

I can understand being homesick but if footballers are unable to create a happy life for themselves in the UK with all the advantages and opportunities they have it’s a reflection on them more than the Uk. Hundred of thousands choose to move to the UK every year and do just that, often without the finances to give them a head start.

LOL this is wild. He would have all of those same opportunities in much nicer countries too so why should he be expected to want to stay in UK above Spain for example? A country where he can still be a millionaire except with better weather, beautiful cities, amazing food and right next to home? From a professional perspective it makes sense too as he can add to the titles he has won here and in France. Being a champion across three or more leagues would be an incredible achievement.

Of all of our international players he's one of the ones that has made the most of his time here, is seen out and about in Manchester and enjoying what the city has to offer. I'd love him to stay but I can see the reasons why he'd want to leave and none of them are a bad reflection on him.

I can understand being homesick but if footballers are unable to create a happy life for themselves in the UK with all the advantages and opportunities they have it’s a reflection on them more than the Uk. Hundred of thousands choose to move to the UK every year and do just that, often without the finances to give them a head start.
yeah but you cant take all your friends and extended family with you.

yeah but you cant take all your friends and extended family with you.

No, very true but that is a choice you make when you move for a huge fee and I would expect triple your wages. Many people make the decision for a job paying a couple of grand more and find happiness.

He said in an interview yesterday he can't talk about his future, he "wants to concentrate on the national team" and he said "we'll see what happens this summer". Doesn't sound good for us though.

sounds like he wants to stay but missing the life he was brought up in. Some say how could you miss home under the fab conditions you are under in manchester. I sympathise with bernard, it all depends on the person you are, i can imagine it is difficult.

I hope he stays, he is the last person i want to see leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.