Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fully aware of what they are using now but isn't that a little different to the older version that Bernie tweeted? I thought I read somewhere that they had amended it a bit in response to criticism.

looks the same to me, amending it makes no difference, just the same as the robertson's golly

This is almost like a sketch from the tv show balls of steel, the character called militant black guy goes off on one thinking everybody is racist and calling him.

As funny as the militant black guy is/was.
There’s probably more white people offended over this tweet. I’m not sure it’s the black community controlling this situation and keeping the debate/witch-hunt going.

I don't think Portugal or the rest of Europe have a high percentage of snowflakes as we do.
Their press and journalists mustn't be complete crackheads like our press.

Let’s be honest - we have at least 3 National Newspapers in the UK - The Sun, The Mail and the Express which are openly racist - They may not use racist imagery, they don’t use directly offensive language but they have a very long history of prejudice. I’m not quite sure where this high and mighty attitude comes from in the UK media.

This has probably previously been posted, but I've just watched peps Friday presser on the city app, and that c#*t Stones from the BBC asked pep what can only be described as a leading question, "Pep, do YOU understand why people are so upset about this tweet?", this was asked for one reason only, to drag pep into being classed as either out of touch or worst still racist, their intentions are so clear, so few questions are football related anymore, wankers each and everyone of them!

He said he is offended so it shows the weight the story carries and then what girlbob says,he looked a right prick

Did he expand on what he was offended about.
He's rising the ranks of anti-city pundits quickly. Plus he's a shit co-commentator.

The cartoon character itself changed from the original outdated ‘spear chucker’ as Bigga eloquently called it to an anthropomorphic blob and then came the white version. They probably realised how racist it was and moved with the times. As has been said, Bernardo should be given a break and the reason for the media’s witch hunt is obvious to most of us.

is that how you move with the times?

there are two separate issues

1, the merciless witch hunt of a man city player by the british media
2, the continued use of a racial stereotype character by a spanish company largely ignored by the british media

but that is part of the problem that he saw no problem isn't it? that in no way makes him a bad person far from it, i bet if he's seen that advert he'd think differently
He grew up with the image and the advert,it's not racist to him,we can't say he was wrong to use it,he wasn't bringing his skin colour into it as raz and barnes state

Did he expand on what he was offended about.
He's rising the ranks of anti-city pundits quickly. Plus he's a shit co-commentator.

In context he had to say he was offended because Sterling said that neither he nor a Mendy were so his agenda was falling flat on its arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.