Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can agree in hindsight it was not great to put it out in public but at the time he saw no problem as to him it's not racist in portugal and it was to his mate so he couldn't have foreseen the backlash,he has learnt a lesson,he doesn't deserve to be crushed by it

but that is part of the problem that he saw no problem isn't it? that in no way makes him a bad person far from it, i bet if he's seen that advert he'd think differently

I can agree in hindsight it was not great to put it out in public but at the time he saw no problem as to him it's not racist in portugal and it was to his mate so he couldn't have foreseen the backlash,he has learnt a lesson,he doesn't deserve to be crushed by it
I don't think Portugal or the rest of Europe have a high percentage of snowflakes as we do.
Their press and journalists mustn't be complete crackheads like our press.

I recorded a prog on bbc 4 last night
Black nurses,the women who saved the NHS.How caribbean and African women came to the country to save the ailing health service

Problem?
Did they really have to say black nurses? Surely just nurses would have been fine? BBC got that completely wrong, in fact it's borderline racist.

I agree, not many seem to understand this, that Bernie's not racist in view of the people that know him. It's been a steep learning curve for him and faux outraged media can go fook themselves.

I do not want the Joy of Bernie to be snuffed out by an idiotic post on a public forum.

Those two just got a bit giddy.

I think I'll leave it there.

Personally, any further debate should be taken to a new thread that excludes Bernies name and the comments have been done to death - Start a Racism thread if you want to keep going on about it

He made a public joke to his mate and all of a sudden it is the crime of the century. All those claiming he should apologise, to who exactly?

its not the fact he compared mendy to someone else/thing that is black its the use of that particular character that's the issue, whether bernado knew it or not we can all agree it is a particular racial stereotype. airing it publically was a faux pas.

its not the fact he compared mendy to someone else/thing that is black its the use of that particular character that's the issue, whether bernado knew it or not we can all agree it is a particular racial stereotype. airing it publically was a faux pas.
I think you're a bit late mate. What you've just said has been done to death for the past 2 or 3 hours.

It's not racist here either Karen.
The cartoon character itself changed from the original outdated ‘spear chucker’ as Bigga eloquently called it to an anthropomorphic blob and then came the white version. They probably realised how racist it was and moved with the times. As has been said, Bernardo should be given a break and the reason for the media’s witch hunt is obvious to most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.