Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
His marketing I don’t think ever was his football ability was it? It’s the many many girls who love him, his shirts flying off the shelves when he signed etc. Not some worried old man threatened by his hair and good looks
First sports star signed with Gucci, deals with Nike & EA etc.

Its a weird factor but it prob counts somewhere in the CFG group. Him and Foden were the faces of the kit launch

I am sick of hearing this "Grealish's marketability is also miles higher "

Please tell me in what way?

Jack Grealish in footballing term has done nothing, I see him in some shitty tabloid newspapers about who he is shagging or what hair cut he's just had.

What marketing value AT THIS MOMENT does he bring to this football club?

We bought a brand not just a football player. I’m Welsh and Ive seen more Grealish city shirts than Gareth bale shirts worn in Cardiff that’s a big deal. alot of kids that go for trials in my area have Grealish ten, girls and boys. Cardiff football trials as well there’s been a significant growth of young footballers wearing city shirts mostly with Grealish on the back in all age ranges. Haaland a close second. He may not have been at his best on the pitch but he is right now a huge name not just in England but here as well. Went to get my younger brother a city shirt with Haaland on the back and the staff were surprised that we didn’t ask for Grealish as he’s the most popular

Whatever it is, it is not true.
Yeah clearly because Pep was very vocal about how they did not have many players last year when the fixture crunch caused a couple injuries. He would definitely take a big squad and ideally two quality players for each position fighting it out. Our depth has been key to our success past seasons.

Hopefully we refuse to deal with that stain of a club until the claims they tried to bribe the FFP panel are investigated by us

Getting to the point now where there's that much speculation about Bernardo's future that there has to be some substance to it. There's no point in having a player who's head is not in Manchester anymore. If that puts us back a season or two, then so be it.

Bernardo has given his all for the club, he's been absolutely brilliant and a fans favourite. I would hate to see him go but If he wants to move, we shouldn't stand in his way (if the money is correct also). We owe that to him.
gLrWjmW6XljZC.gif

I am sick of hearing this "Grealish's marketability is also miles higher "

Please tell me in what way?

Jack Grealish in footballing term has done nothing, I see him in some shitty tabloid newspapers about who he is shagging or what hair cut he's just had.

What marketing value AT THIS MOMENT does he bring to this football club?
Are you blind?
Them legs. Those calves. His boyish good looks.

He's the modern day Beckham for his good looks and floppy hair.

I get the feeling you don't really like Mr Grealish.

Are you blind?

I hated Beckham but he could do plenty on a football field.

Are you blind?

I'd personally rather have a lad who's got no hair and has less teeth than a new born but can play football very well. Get the feeling we got sucked in with all the undeserved hype during the Euro's - very much like United with Pogba.

Grealish just looks like a square peg in a round hole at this club. Too busy throwing himself to the ground than actually running at defenders and putting the ball in the net. He needs time, but he doesn't suit the way we play.

How we decided to spend 100m on him when there were better options (and better suited to the way we play) like Luis Diaz around for more than half the price is beyond me. He's twice the player with twice the work rate/application.

Last edited:
I'd personally rather have a lad who's got no hair and has less teeth than a new born but can play football very well. Get the feeling we got sucked in with all the undeserved hype during the Euro's - very much like United with Pogba.

Grealish just looks like a square peg in a round hole at this club. Too busy throwing himself to the ground than actually running at defenders and putting the ball in the net. He needs time, but he doesn't suit the way we play.

How we decided to spend 100m on him when there were better options (and better suited to the way we play) like Luis Diaz around for more than half the price is beyond me. He's twice the player with twice the work rate/application.
zXMRfbsHOAire.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.