Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Grealish is worth 100 million - I wouldn’t sell Bernardo for less that 150 million then

If Bernardo was a home grown English player going to another English club, you'd probably be right.

Otherwise, 80-90m in this market is the max I gather.

Grealish's marketability is also miles higher in England/the UK, and also as you can see the issue with signing some foreign players - in particular - is that they want to go to Barca or RM at some point.

Not a jab at them either, just is what it is.

Another reason the value of top quality UK talent leads to such higher fees is we know UK born and raised players are less likely to want to live in countries where English isn't believed to be as widely spoken (Germany a good example of why they get more English players, but Bayern isn't as glamorous as RM or Barca today)

OR really just more likely to be happy living in England, or for us, be happy to be in Manchester rather than London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, etc.

Read Phillips' comments today and see how that connects.

Last edited:
Twitter, where common sense goes to die.
Twitter users and many of the newer members on here seem to be younger and much more casual fans. I imagine many on Twitter switch allegiances every few seasons and get flack from their buddies that support one of the other Top 6 and they would love to swap Bernardo for Neymar and tell their friends look we've got Neymar.

Twitter users and many of the newer members on here seem to be younger and much more casual fans. I imagine many on Twitter switch allegiances every few seasons and get flack from their buddies that support one of the other Top 6 and they would love to swap Bernardo for Neymar and tell their friends look we've got Neymar.
So what put an age restriction on forum? Casual fans!? You got a measurement device?

If Bernardo was a home grown English player going to another English club, you'd probably be right.

Otherwise, 80-90m in this market is the max I gather.

Grealish's marketability is also miles higher in England/the UK, and also as you can see the issue with signing some foreign players - in particular - is that they want to go to Barca or RM at some point.

Not a jab at them either, just is what it is.

Another reason the value of top quality UK talent leads to such higher fees is we know UK born and raised players are less likely to want to live in countries where English isn't believed to be as widely spoken (Germany a good example of why they get more English players, but Bayern isn't as glamorous as RM or Barca today)

OR really just more likely to be happy living in England, or for us, be happy to be in Manchester rather than London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, etc.

Read Phillips' comments today and see how that connects.
I am sick of hearing this "Grealish's marketability is also miles higher "

Please tell me in what way?

Jack Grealish in footballing term has done nothing, I see him in some shitty tabloid newspapers about who he is shagging or what hair cut he's just had.

What marketing value AT THIS MOMENT does he bring to this football club?

Jack Grealish in footballing term has done nothing, I see him in some shitty tabloid newspapers about who he is shagging or what hair cut he's just had.

Mate, I’m sure even you must be fed up of giving Grealish grief at every given opportunity? We get it, you’re not convinced.
Let’s at least wait until after the full time whistle on Sunday before telling us (again) how you feel about him. :-)

His marketing I don’t think ever was his football ability was it? It’s the many many girls who love him, his shirts flying off the shelves when he signed etc. Not some worried old man threatened by his hair and good looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.