Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would Bernardo want PSG? He’s seen them close and personal, they’re a disaster waiting to happen. A new coach every other season and have t got the mentality.

PSG would obviously want him, but I can’t see any reason why Bernardo would want PSG.
Can’t see him naming his dog Marquinhos.

That place can be a graveyard for players and managers.
I'm not Bernardo's keeper, so can only make assumptions based on what's reported.

However what's not in doubt is the interview he gave in the states saying he didn't know what his City future would be, but he can assure the club & fans he'll give 100% whilst he's here.

That interview for me was telling, & it was at that point my heart sank as I accepted the rumours Silva wanted out were probably correct, in spite of others speculating he was 100% happy in Manchester & would probably extend his contract.

Clubs like PSG wouldn't leak a mooted swap deal including Neymar & Silva willy nilly. Within a few days of this news, Neymar exercised his contract extension option which ended speculation of him being swapped. Now several reports in France are saying PSG are interested in a straight cash deal.

It could all be bullshit & ordinarily I'd not give these reports more than a cursory glance, HOWEVER the Bernardo interview in the US changed my thinking on Bernardo at City.

Whether this season or next, I personally believe Bernardo will be gone. I'd prefer next season as we've lost too many this season already in Fern, Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko & I doubt Gundog will be offered, or will sign a contract extension, so we'll lose him next season too.

Whether we've got someone in mind to replace him if Barça find the dough this season, or we're planning for his departure next season depends on whether Barça meet our valuation & Silva restates his evident wish to leave.

Either way, in my mind I'm already moving on from Silva as being a part of our future & looking at the 2 or 3 alternatives being mentioned. I believe we need to forward plan for something which seems to be inevitable... )(

Don’t think any doubt he wants away and City will let him go ,probably below market value , Pep doesn’t keep unhappy players .

I'm not Bernardo's keeper, so can only make assumptions based on what's reported.

However what's not in doubt is the interview he gave in the states saying he didn't know what his City future would be, but he can assure the club & fans he'll give 100% whilst he's here.

That interview for me was telling, & it was at that point my heart sank as I accepted the rumours Silva wanted out were probably correct, in spite of others speculating he was 100% happy in Manchester & would probably extend his contract.

Clubs like PSG wouldn't leak a mooted swap deal including Neymar & Silva willy nilly. Within a few days of this news, Neymar exercised his contract extension option which ended speculation of him being swapped. Now several reports in France are saying PSG are interested in a straight cash deal.

It could all be bullshit & ordinarily I'd not give these reports more than a cursory glance, HOWEVER the Bernardo interview in the US changed my thinking on Bernardo at City.

Whether this season or next, I personally believe Bernardo will be gone. I'd prefer next season as we've lost too many this season already in Fern, Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko & I doubt Gundog will be offered, or will sign a contract extension, so we'll lose him next season too.

Whether we've got someone in mind to replace him if Barça find the dough this season, or we're planning for his departure next season depends on whether Barça meet our valuation & Silva restates his evident wish to leave.

Either way, in my mind I'm already moving on from Silva as being a part of our future & looking at the 2 or 3 alternatives being mentioned. I believe we need to forward plan for something which seems to be inevitable... )(
Sadly this was exactly how I felt after that interview in the States too. He’s gone if a club he wants pony’s up the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.