Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
5th highest? Which 4 clubs have higher in their own ground mate?

Or do we have the top 5 attendances of all time?
We have the highest individual match attendances. But we are 5th for amount of people through our gates in total in English football history.

The French league deserves a bit more respect. Plenty of players have been signed from Ligue 1 and proven they're excellent when in the PL. Nkunku seems to be someone plenty are keen for City to sign. He didn't do a lot in Ligue 1 and he's had one good season in the Bundesliga which many also view as significantly inferior. Werner didn't do too well over here did he?

Bernardo is excellent and I'd miss him if he left. But if he wants to leave then I'm fine with it and I'll wish him well except against us.

But Neymar is the sort of signing we should be pinching ourselves over. He's not going to sign on huge wages or on a huge fee. The club is in safe hands, they're not going to break the bank or structure for him (which is why it is unlikely to happen)! Pep would work wonders with him. His record at Barca and for Brazil is excellent, he's incredible at finding space and at pressing the opposition and he's just fantastic to watch when in full flow. He's a target the same way Grealish is, and there are some big fuckers in Ligue 1 who give him a proper kicking. But he always gets back up and gets back at it. Pep would take Neymar to Ballon D'or levels again.

The French league deserves a bit more respect. Plenty of players have been signed from Ligue 1 and proven they're excellent when in the PL. Nkunku seems to be someone plenty are keen for City to sign. He didn't do a lot in Ligue 1 and he's had one good season in the Bundesliga which many also view as significantly inferior. Werner didn't do too well over here did he?

Bernardo is excellent and I'd miss him if he left. But if he wants to leave then I'm fine with it and I'll wish him well except against us.

But Neymar is the sort of signing we should be pinching ourselves over. He's not going to sign on huge wages or on a huge fee. The club is in safe hands, they're not going to break the bank or structure for him (which is why it is unlikely to happen)! Pep would work wonders with him. His record at Barca and for Brazil is excellent, he's incredible at finding space and at pressing the opposition and he's just fantastic to watch when in full flow. He's a target the same way Grealish is, and there are some big fuckers in Ligue 1 who give him a proper kicking. But he always gets back up and gets back at it. Pep would take Neymar to Ballon D'or levels again.
It would be kind of fun to see what magic Pep could work with someone like Neymar

There has to someone younger, cheaper and less egotistical.

I'd honestly rather have Jarrod Bowen than Neymar. The problems Neymar comes with are not worth it. He's a bellend.

Imagine playing against Liverpool at Anfield with Grealish, Haaland and Neymar in the team. None of those combined offer us the pressing ability of 1 Bernardo Silva.
A bit early to be drinking on a Tuesday my man

5th best league a good league…. That’s literally the worst of pretty much most of the leagues the average fan could actually name.
In our league 5th gets you a Europa spot, not champions league.
Can you remember who finished 5th in the womens Euros last week? Or who was 5th in the last World Cup… without looking I highly doubt it.
I’m not suggesting the French league isn’t ok but, to use the stat that it’s the 5th best league doesn’t really give you strong evidence is all I’m saying.
A terrible analogy because first of all I did not know there was even a women's Euros or who won that one. It's not relevant. Second of all they only award up to 4th place in these international competitions, so why the hell is 5th place even brought up.

The 5th best team in the PL is still a difficult proposition. You could also say the same with Serie A. I would venture to say Ligue 1 is still better than Bundesliga seeing how easily we dispatch teams from that league unlike the ones from French league. Bayern could fall off a cliff and there second best team would still capitulate and hand Munich the league title.

Monaco, Lyon, Marseille and even Lille that recently won Ligue 1 are not shabby competition. For sure I don't agree with your lazy assessment of the quality of the French league. Need I remind you where the player we are currently discussing came from.

Take away the ego, who doesn't want Neymar.

But he's a self entitled, lazy, arrogant, diving and horrible person. Would hate the club to go against the grain and go away from buying decent people. Built a winning team because every individual buys into our ethos. Was worried about Haaland at first, but he's come in and the boys seem to love him.

I see we are at the stage where he wasn’t all that anyway… haha!
I think it's the denial phase of grief- so we've a ways to go. TBF though with this lot here- anger and bargaining are pretty standard tactics and for long timers depression is well rooted so we might well be on our way to acceptance quicker than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.