Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think you are being optimistic. Rumours of a £45m bid were denied. That is too low. I would think a number around £80/85m would get it done. i think if Barca can come up with the kind of money he’s gone.

I’d guess £85m plus £10m to £15m in add ons. He’s a exceptional player, good injury record, under contract - 3 years to go, proven international and expensive to replace. We are going to want a fair price.

A player who is open to a Barca move for family reasons but hasn't put in a transfer request and continues to give his all for the club and will knuckle down if no move comes seems like the sort of player that most clubs would give their right arm for.
I expect all professional footballers to want to move on, try something different, experience new surroundings after a certain time at a club. Prove themselves elsewhere. Is it his time? Probably not given their financial situation but it might be next season. Or the season after that.

If that comes to fruition then he leaves with my blessing. A player who has been a fantastic servant to this club. A player who has wound up opposition fans. A player who has given it all and won loads of trophies. For the club.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.

A player who is open to a Barca move for family reasons but hasn't put in a transfer request and continues to give his all for the club and will knuckle down if no move comes seems like the sort of player that most clubs would give their right arm for.
I expect all professional footballers to want to move on, try something different, experience new surroundings after a certain time at a club. Prove themselves elsewhere. Is it his time? Probably not given their financial situation but it might be next season. Or the season after that.

If that comes to fruition then he leaves with my blessing. A player who has been a fantastic servant to this club. A player who has wound up opposition fans. A player who has given it all and won loads of trophies. For the club.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.
Can I totally agree.... And keep my 'fucking idiot' status?

What's that saying, better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved before?

As others have said, our stance on players who wish to leave is spot on.

It has secured us some of the best players in the world, it wins us trophies, it sees us say goodbye, it also sees some stay way longer than anyone ever thought likely.

That goes for Pep too.

Haaland is here because he knows if there ever does come a day, we keep our word to people.

Look at United, inserting 12-month renewal options on players they sign, just to try and protect the asset, regardless if that players is unhappy or eventually wants to leave.

Happened with Fellaini, Pogba, Mata, Jones, Shaw.

They end up walking for free in the end and the toxicity in the dressing room permeates for another year.
It’s certainly the correct approach. As Jack Gaughan and Paul Hirst have said, we are willing to allow him to leave if any club come up with a minimum of 80 million pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.