Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player who is open to a Barca move for family reasons but hasn't put in a transfer request and continues to give his all for the club and will knuckle down if no move comes seems like the sort of player that most clubs would give their right arm for.
I expect all professional footballers to want to move on, try something different, experience new surroundings after a certain time at a club. Prove themselves elsewhere. Is it his time? Probably not given their financial situation but it might be next season. Or the season after that.

If that comes to fruition then he leaves with my blessing. A player who has been a fantastic servant to this club. A player who has wound up opposition fans. A player who has given it all and won loads of trophies. For the club.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.
Standing ovation for that my blue friend.

Barca only needs around €20-25m (first installment) to reach an agreement with City. Everything depends on FDJ.

Talk about oversimplifying a hugely complex financial transaction!

It’s a little more nuanced than that mate, particularly with an organisation as clearly in the financial shit as Barca.

Think more of the deal Leeds struck for Raphinha - yes there will need to be a chunk up front, as you say, but there will also need to be clear evidence of their capacity to pay across the structure of the deal - so when each instalment is due, they can demonstrate the money will be there. And if not - clear penalties written into the contract for non-payment at each stage.

This isn’t as simple as saying - we’ve got £25m, let’s do a deal for £80m and worry about the rest later.

You’re right that it all depends on de Jong though - providing they can flog him to Chelsea asap, I’d imagine a deal will get done.

Talk about oversimplifying a hugely complex financial transaction!

It’s a little more nuanced than that mate, particularly with an organisation as clearly in the financial shit as Barca.

Think more of the deal Leeds struck for Raphinha - yes there will need to be a chunk up front, as you say, but there will also need to be clear evidence of their capacity to pay across the structure of the deal - so when each instalment is due, they can demonstrate the money will be there. And if not - clear penalties written into the contract for non-payment at each stage.

This isn’t as simple as saying - we’ve got £25m, let’s do a deal for £80m and worry about the rest later.

You’re right that it all depends on de Jong though - providing they can flog him to Chelsea asap, I’d imagine a deal will get done.
We are not Leeds and we have a good relationship with Barca. In the worst case we can sell the outstanding money (like Liverpool did with Coutinho, factoring) to Goldman Sachs which i believe are their biggest creditor. Barca won`t get broke and they can pay the future installments.

We are not Leeds and we have a good relationship with Barca. In the worst case we can sell the outstanding money (like Liverpool did with Coutinho, factoring) to Goldman Sachs which i believe are their biggest creditor. Barca won`t get broke and they can pay the future installments.

Yes, but they’ll have to be able to demonstrate that to us, so it’s not as simple as saying ‘we’ve got £25m, let’s do a deal’

Barca are financially fucked - I’d agree they won’t go bust. The banks don’t let them. But given their precarious situation, this contract will be complicated and will require evidence of funds at each installation stage way beyond just the initial £25m.

We simply won’t be entering into this deal thinking ‘fuck it, if it doesn’t turn out as we hoped we’ll flog the debt to GS’ - the deal will require a structure similar to the one Leeds have struck.

Whether we’ve got a better relationship is irrelevant. We’re not going to throw all financial due diligence on the deal to the wind because Txiki, Omar and Ferran used to work for them.

They’re going to need to show us they've got access to a lot more than £25m to get this done.

A player who is open to a Barca move for family reasons but hasn't put in a transfer request and continues to give his all for the club and will knuckle down if no move comes seems like the sort of player that most clubs would give their right arm for.
I expect all professional footballers to want to move on, try something different, experience new surroundings after a certain time at a club. Prove themselves elsewhere. Is it his time? Probably not given their financial situation but it might be next season. Or the season after that.

If that comes to fruition then he leaves with my blessing. A player who has been a fantastic servant to this club. A player who has wound up opposition fans. A player who has given it all and won loads of trophies. For the club.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.
Spot on.

so the great idea is...We sell our best, or one of our best players - one the cheap and drip to Barca, and at the same time, facilitate the move to the swamp for FDJ - and thats ok? We should make him stay and he can cry on the bench.

so the great idea is...We sell our best, or one of our best players - one the cheap and drip to Barca, and at the same time, facilitate the move to the swamp for FDJ - and thats ok? We should make him stay and he can cry on the bench.
Then you don`t know fuck all about the relationship Bernie and the Club have !! He has made it perfectly clear that if things don`t work out then he`ll still give 100% and you know what, I believe the guy, so just fuck off with your nonsense "let him cry on the bench".

He wont be crying on the bench. He’ll be busting his gut doing his best in the first team like he always does. You do him a disservice. Cant believe anyone would question bernardos character or integrity.

Clear you have never followed Bernie a minute he's been here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.