Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo hasn't said he doesn't want to be with us, he has said he's happy if he stays. He knows we need the right offer and time to get a replacement. It's hvery unlikely we will get the right offewr and a replacement this late. Bernardo knows that, the club know that.
Going round in circles now, we know what the situation is.

A club either pays or Bernardo stays and plays his heart out like the previous 4 seasons.

Going round in circles now, we know what the situation is.

A club either pays or Bernardo stays and plays his heart out like the previous 4 seasons.
I don't think we do know, nobody connected to the club or any reliable source has said we will sell this late in the window.

Unfortunately it looks like Barcelona are the only gig in town on this one - which reduces our capacity to squeeze them for every penny.

Not really. We don't need to sell, & the player says he won't kick up a fuss if the transfer doesn't happen.

We apparently leaked our £85m valuation. Barça have leaked their £55m offer. As it stands no official offer has been received, so we've had no official offers to decline.

As for Barça being the only gig in town? If Bernardo's made his future wishes clear, why would any other club make or leak an offer if Bernardo's management tell all & sundry it's Barça or remain at City?

The other thing pointed out last week was if Bernardo was Barça's No1 target, why've they spent £160m on other targets & left Silva so late in the window?

Again, this seems to come down to moving FDJ on to lose his huge wage & to fund Bernardo's transfer. This is why most believe FDJ & Bernardo's transfers are inextricably linked.

The other issue is Bernardo's replacement. I doubt we'd want to go through the season with £85m burning a hole in our pocket, but a Bernardo sized hole in our squad.

I doubt we've not made contingency plans for Bernardo moving on, but if these transfers do happen late in the window, whose to say the club who have the player we've earmarked as a Bernardo replacement will have time to find their replacement?

It's obvious Bernardo wants to leave & to be honest I want him gone so we can end all the speculation, settle down & move on with our season without further distractions.

If I was a betting man, at this late stage I'd say Bernardo is more likely to stay than leave & will get his move next summer for a similar fee to the speculated £85m we want this transfer window...

Its way too close to the end of the transfer window for starters.
A possible deal would have been in place months ago, Bernardo has wanted out for some time, so I am sure Txiki has a player lined up IF needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.