Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

i dont see him leaving this summer but next one for sure

I still maintain that Bernardo seems more effective without KDB playing. It wasn't as evident last season, but definitely was in previous seasons.
I think there is a lot of truth in this. Bernardo has revelled in periods when KDB was injured and he has a free role. We are blessed to have two such brilliant players. Bernardo can play 8, false 9 or 10, wide on both flanks, and has even done a superb job in a few games where he was asked to play defensive midfield. For me he is world class and right up there as one of our best ever players. We can't afford to lose him, at least until we have found someone as good to replace him. No easy task.

I think there is a lot of truth in this. Bernardo has revelled in periods when KDB was injured and he has a free role. We are blessed to have two such brilliant players. Bernardo can play 8, false 9 or 10, wide on both flanks, and has even done a superb job in a few games where he was asked to play defensive midfield. For me he is world class and right up there as one of our best ever players. We can't afford to lose him, at least until we have found someone as good to replace him. No easy task.
I dunno what Bernardo's being paid, but surely we've gotta offer him an extended contract & to make him one of our best paid players alongside KDB & Haaland. He's more than proved he's worth the extended contract & the extra wonga. Imagine what it'd cost to replace him?

He's also got no worries about being registered to play in the PL & getting his monthly salary as opposed to what's happening at the Nou Camp...

Again, PSG has essentially become Mbappé FC & turned into an egotistic circus. I know the weather in the UK can be a bit shit at times, but surely Bernardo can see that City are giving him the game time, stability & career success every footballer craves.

We've just gotta match it with improved terms. At least then if he still wants to leave, we know we'll have done everything in our power below renaming ourselves Bernardo FC to keep him here... \0/

Paris certainly nearer home, but then so is Swansea. Plus

1. City don’t need the money.
2. City think that Bernardo is great.
3. Bernardo’s under contract.
4. City won’t have a replacement lined up.
5. Unaddressed potential for City to face Bernardo lining up PSG in the CL at some point without a replacement for Bernardo in their own ranks is stupidity on a level with which Khaldoon, Ferrán, Txiki and Pep are completely unacquainted.

Bref, PSG can go do one.

I dunno what Bernardo's being paid, but surely we've gotta offer him an extended contract & to make him one of our best paid players alongside KDB & Haaland. He's more than proved he's worth the extended contract & the extra wonga. Imagine what it'd cost to replace him?

He's also got no worries about being registered to play in the PL & getting his monthly salary as opposed to what's happening at the Nou Camp...

Again, PSG has essentially become Mbappé FC & turned into an egotistic circus. I know the weather in the UK can be a bit shit at times, but surely Bernardo can see that City are giving him the game time, stability & career success every footballer craves.

We've just gotta match it with improved terms. At least then if he still wants to leave, we know we'll have done everything in our power below renaming ourselves Bernardo FC to keep him here... \0/
He wants to leave, why is that hard for you too understand?

No amount of money will make him stay if he wants to leave and tbh if he only stays for the extra money then it only diminishes the respect he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.