Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he our only player who feels the need to vocalise his desire to fuck off several times a year then? And why were fans so immeasurably furious when Raheem Sterling vocalised a desire to leave (justified by his situation at the club, whereas Bernardo's is not), and angry when Sané decided to leave, but totally fine with Silva doing it?

It's plain weird.
He's a more loveable guy than the others :)

Once you accept that the huge majority of our platers and other teams players have no affinity with the clubs they play for you can see the woods for the trees.

There are only certain players who deserve a fans affection, the others are merely employees and you shouldn't invest passion into them at all.
I think this is very true.

Most players when moving to a new club are motivated by;

1) Money
2) Enhance my career/reputation (medals)
3) Who is the manager

If you're a football club looking for someone who runs a lot, moans a lot and scores five goals a season, there are a shitload of far cheaper options than Bernardo Silva. That is why nobody bids on him.

I'll be honest, I've massively gone off him over the last 12 months. I think it's absolutely gross how our fanbase are completely fine with him mouthing off about wanting to leave all the time, but turned on Sterling for simply hinting that he may be OK with leaving.
Best take ever heard on here ..

Round of applause for you sir.

The media have played a role. It’s doesn’t disguise the fact that Bernardo has wanted out now for over 2 seasons. The Mendy stuff was a witch-hunt and maybe he has never recovered.

Going by what he has been saying to the press I think it’s rather more simple. He wants to live in a warmer climate. Winning with city is now a distant second. We all love his work rate, tenacity and sublime qualities on the ball. He reminds me of Grealish is many ways.

His time is up unfortunately and we all will move on. Another hard act to follow.

I agree that the weather is not ideal, but I also feel the warmer climate will be down to the Mrs side of things,
like we have said, if Bernardo Silva is not happy in Manchester and wants out, it's his loss.

why anybody would want to leave this Manchester city squad and manager when we are the best and winning titles and cups, Money/weather/lifestyle, over winning medals, I know what I would choose, Money hahahaha

What a player, a great for us.

We didn't let him go because there were no bids for him. We will let players go who want to leave, as long as an appropriate and acceptable bid is received; that was not the case.

There is a point at which a player who wants to leave can damage the morale of the team and I am sure that the management team at the club are on this. There will be deals to be done, but they may not always be acceptable to the player.

No one will,
usual blue moon spectacles people last summer saying he was worth 100 million. Be lucky to re coup what he paid ..

Funny how he’s wanted to leave a few times but no one actually bid, apart from Barcelona trying to get him on Klarna
No one would bid 50m for Bernie? Are you insane?

Funny how quickly people flip the switch and go straight into bitter spurned ex mode.

I refuse to believe anyone sincerely thinks Bernardo's performances over five and a half seasons with us can be summarised by "runs about a lot" and "5 goals a season".

I think it’s an age thing.

The older (and more cynical) you get, the more the realisation football is just a job to most players becomes apparent, and you realise all this shit about them having to be in love with the Club in the same way fans are is a simplistic, childish fantasy.

A player from Portugal, who grew up supporting Benfica, is rarely going to arrive at a foreign club and decide he’s found his Club for life.

He’s given us some of his best years, and wants another challenge before retiring at Benfica.

He’s not been needlessly disrespectful in expressing this, like Yaya or Tevez were - and he’s not a City fan, like us lot.

He’s an employee - and employees change jobs.

There’s no point getting worked up about it and turning on the player - we’re not Liverpool fans, and our Club isn’t sone fucking cult you can never leave.

We’re better than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.