Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Bernie having a great month given he tends to turn up against the bigger sides, where his skill set is more in demand, personally I’d play him off the right & Phil on the left, and start going after teams a bit more. Longer term if he can up his performances & help us retain our title or a CL win, then I’ll drive him to the airport myself, Pep & the club have a policy of not keeping unhappy players & as fans we’re probably the same (just move them on) be a shame if it ended on a sour note

Why is he our only player who feels the need to vocalise his desire to fuck off several times a year then? And why were fans so immeasurably furious when Raheem Sterling vocalised a desire to leave (justified by his situation at the club, whereas Bernardo's is not), and angry when Sané decided to leave, but totally fine with Silva doing it?

It's plain weird.

Most fans weren't furious at Raz at him wanting to leave but because it got to a point where he couldn't hit a barn door, they actually wanted him gone. Bernado has had a proper kicking in this thread being called a **** numerous times and told to "Fuck off".

The fault here is with the old time thoughts of the fans, they are thinking of players as if they are local lads who are playing for the badge and the team and the fans, they most certainly are not in most instances, and it looks very much like in most cases they couldn't give a fuck.

Unrequited love I believe they call it.

I think it’s an age thing.

The older (and more cynical) you get, the more the realisation football is just a job to most players becomes apparent, and you realise all this shit about them having to be in love with the Club in the same way fans are is a simplistic, childish fantasy.

A player from Portugal, who grew up supporting Benfica, is rarely going to arrive at a foreign club and decide he’s found his Club for life.

He’s given us some of his best years, and wants another challenge before retiring at Benfica.

He’s not been needlessly disrespectful in expressing this, like Yaya or Tevez were - and he’s not a City fan, like us lot.

He’s an employee - and employees change jobs.

There’s no point getting worked up about it and turning on the player - we’re not Liverpool fans, and our Club isn’t sone fucking cult you can never leave.

We’re better than that!

Couldn't agree more. I completely get why some people are pissed off about his quotes from yesterday, even if I don't care at all, but all those taking shots at his missus and lying to themselves about his qualities as a player are just coming across as a bit pathetic.

I feel the calling out is justified to an extent, obviously every player wants to have a plan and path of their own, making sure they get what they want in their career. But Bernardo would know how good this team is for him. I firmly believe any top midfielder signing solely hinges on his contract situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.