Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
A report this morning that City have set Bernardo's fee at £57 million & will let him leave this summer. What are these reporters smoking?!! To summarise. He is 28 years old which in football terms is the absolute prime age with regards to peaking performance. A similar player in his position went to Barca from Liverpool (coutinho) for around £130 million (with add ons) and he is not in the same class as Bernardo. Why would City let one of the top half dozen players in world football leave in his prime for a cut price fee? Along with Foden, KDB, Grealish, Mahrez, Alvarez and Haaland City have the most potent attacking force in world football. Go away rumours.
But you are talking about different times not now. Shit has changed big time. Hardly anyone/ no one including PSG will be splashing out 120m on 28y old who wants to leave with 1 or 2 yrs left on contract

Also as you say sensible people who will let top players who have done their job brilliantly will be alllowed to leave to club they want if we get what we deem as fair price. If it was 70m last summer 57m this one sounds about right

But you are talking about different times not now. Shit has changed big time. Hardly anyone/ no one including PSG will be splashing out 120m on 28y old who wants to leave with 1 or 2 yrs left on contract

Yep. Think it will be around £57m fee that has been reported.

A report this morning that City have set Bernardo's fee at £57 million & will let him leave this summer. What are these reporters smoking?!! To summarise. He is 28 years old which in football terms is the absolute prime age with regards to peaking performance. A similar player in his position went to Barca from Liverpool (coutinho) for around £130 million (with add ons) and he is not in the same class as Bernardo. Why would City let one of the top half dozen players in world football leave in his prime for a cut price fee? Along with Foden, KDB, Grealish, Mahrez, Alvarez and Haaland City have the most potent attacking force in world football. Go away rumours.
Why would City leak info, on a player their trying to keep. Barca were his 1st choice, and that looks dead, unless a player exchange is involved

I know its highly unlikely but Id do everything to keep Bernardo - pay rise, whatever....
I dont think people realise how good this guy is and ont until we dont have him anymore......Id let Gundo go as I think he is starting to struggle and Id also question whether KDB can still be the main man anymore

However Bernardo still has a lot to give..once KDB went off yesterday we looked a better team

Unfortunaely it seems he wants to leave for personal reasons and therefore there is very little the club can do about that.

I know its highly unlikely but Id do everything to keep Bernardo - pay rise, whatever....
I dont think people realise how good this guy is and ont until we dont have him anymore......Id let Gundo go as I think he is starting to struggle and Id also question whether KDB can still be the main man anymore

However Bernardo still has a lot to give..once KDB went off yesterday we looked a better team

Unfortunaely it seems he wants to leave for personal reasons and therefore there is very little the club can do about that.
But he doesn’t want to be here mate and yes he is playing into abit of form but most of this season he has been missing. He will be gone in the sumner for about £50-60 million .

But he doesn’t want to be here mate and yes he is playing into abit of form but most of this season he has been missing. He will be gone in the sumner for about £50-60 million .
think i covered your point in my last line.

He's been 'missing' as you put it as he has recently been playing left back or sitting deeper closer to being a 6 rather than an 8 - play him further forward and more centrally like yesterday and you get a very different player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.