Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true, City will not stand in his way and have made that clear from the start.

The landscape and list of options might be changing, but we will not run the risk of him entering his final 12 months.

As such, his fee will reflect that this summer. He only has to change his mind and a new deal is still on the table for him.

Not true, City will not stand in his way and have made that clear from the start.

The landscape and list of options might be changing, but we will not run the risk of him entering his final 12 months.

As such, his fee will reflect that this summer. He only has to change his mind and a new deal is still on the table for him.
If any club can run the risk of a player running down his contract its City. Bernie has been brilliant and doesn't owe us anything. I think City might just keep him until his contract expires. Mind you that is probably just me being deluded. Wishful thinking on my part.

If any club can run the risk of a player running down his contract its City. Bernie has been brilliant and doesn't owe us anything. I think City might just keep him until his contract expires.

Not to the extent of keeping an unhappy player, we don't work like that, see Cancelo.

I think him and his missus want to start a family and do that closer to their families.

Not to the extent of keeping an unhappy player, we don't work like that, see Cancelo.

I think him and his missus want to start a family and do that closer to their families.
I understand that but I believe the Cancelo situation was a lot different, Bernardo isn't the same personality as him and hasn't at any time been confrontational or downed tools at any time.

I understand that but I believe the Cancelo situation was a lot different, Bernardo isn't the same personality as him and hasn't at any time been confrontational or downed tools at any time.

He's also done that for two years now, he knows this summer is his last chance to move during the last of his peak.

The last thing he wants is to sour his relationship with City and us.

Wish him nothing but the best and what's right for him and his family. Clearly a lifestyle desire than a footballing one.

He's also done that for two years now, he knows this summer is his last chance to move during the last of his peak.

Wish him nothing but the best and what's right for him and his family. Clearly a lifestyle desire than a footballing one.
You're right Tolmie I don't think the Cancelo situation is comparable though. Pep couldn't wait to get rid of him, proved so by letting him go to the German rags. But with Bernie you get the impression that Pep would let him go over his dead body.

To lose one of them will be hard to lose two in one summer would be catastrophic.

We have seen with Grealish and Phillips, learning to play the Pep way is hard and takes time.
On top of having to bed in two more midfield signings.

I think his options are a bit more limited now though. Barca won’t be at the table. Real might be, long shot would be Atletico but most likely PSG. He’s friendly with their new boss Mbappe so can see him ending up there.

Real Madrid will be in for him this summer, guaranteed. Perhaps we should try to work Rodrygo back our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.