Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not about money from Bernardo's side, he's rich enough anyway and he's quite humble and down to earth.

He will have to assess if Saudi is a workaround to be in Lisbon in 2 years time with his family or not.

Think he might wait the hole summer to se if Barca gets Saudi funds in, appearing as a better option.

Last edited:
Wonder what the fee will be if it actually happens.. so far all the fees seems to have been impacted by Mendes cooperation and the "friendly" club he takes them from, for instance Wolves with Neves (needed 46m for ffp, got 47..).. Mendes sets it to so help the team, give and take so to speak, but I cant see that happening to that degree with City. Let's see the offer.

Like hes not doing a deal with Real this season cos Perez has freezed him out and Man City is not particularly fond nowadays either. The (major) teams that has gone all in on Mendes and that he basically has his hand in to varying degrees is Wolves, Chelsea, Barca and PSG. edit: +Valencia of course I forgot. Outside of Portugal

Last edited:
If rumours are to be believed and he wants to go to Spain, he’s painted himself into a corner. There aren’t any teams over there that could afford him except Madrid who have no need for him.

I imagine every side in the PL would want Bernie but he he’s clearly thinking if not Spain then he may as well stay at city.

If he only wants Spain he will be staying because we ain’t doing deals of drip drip drip payments over the next 5 years! Ferran not even been paid for yet and we did them and him a big favour to let them have the first payment 12 months later! Barcelona playing the history card will soon mean nowt

Was reading the PSG forum and they’re concerned about not having appointed a manager yet but also about their reported choice of ‘big’ targets: Kane (Spurs), Osimhen (Napoli), and Silva (ourselves). As they admit, that means negotiating with three of toughest clubs, so the likelihood of landing 1 let alone 3 is slim. I don’t get the impression they’re that confident of signing Bernardo, though they appear just as angsty as us.

Oddly enough, their pre-season tour sees them start in Japan on July 25th, two days after we play in Tokyo.

I remember Denis Tueart's jaunt to New York cosmos. Think he was about the same age , peak of his powers and we were a top side still. Set him up for a comfortable retirement and think he has mentioned how he went from the English league run by local businessman like swales to work for multi million pound club that was run professionally with an eye to sports branding and marketing. Ultimately it failed I guess because the american markets appetites were different then. Guess the point is for a small sacrifice of a couple of seasons if you can secure your families future for generations it would be a very difficult offer to turn down.
I don't think the cost of living crisis is worrying Bernardo the same way it would have Tueart to be fair.

However, £300m for 4 years graft & being able to see out your career at Benfica age 32 would be a mightily tempting offer for anyone, regardless of how minted you currently are... \0/

I would hate to lose him, but the more worrying thing is how much the Saudis seem to be offering huge salaries to top players, within five years we will have none of the top talent left in England if this carries on, and the TV revenue will go backwards as a result. sportswashing is in its infancy. City are better placed than most to survive, but I think there will be a very different profile for football sooner than many people realise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.