Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be crushing for Bernardo to see lesser players getting moves for more than we're asking for him, & he's still here two years after asking to leave, with no club willing to match our reasonable valuation... Baffling! ‍
I wonder if there is some sort of unofficial boycott on buying our players… from the “top”clubs … you know the ones .

It must be crushing for Bernardo to see lesser players getting moves for more than we're asking for him, & he's still here two years after asking to leave, with no club willing to match our reasonable valuation... Baffling! ‍
I agree. The only take I would add, he’s a creative midfielder who doesn’t particularly score/assist mega numbers. His work rate is exceptional, ball retention the same and he’s just all round a world class player! But maybe he is most suited to a Guardiola side and the opta stats don’t stack up for others looking at him? (I don’t know if thats true or not, I’m just suggesting it might be true). He’s a player so suited to our style and I’ll be truly gutted if he leaves, but do the same attributes play as well in any other team?

Last edited:
I wonder if there is some sort of unofficial boycott on buying our players… from the “top”clubs … you know the ones .
We had ex players last season that we sold to Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Villa, Chelsea and several more in the Premier league and have sold players to Barcelona and Munich in the last couple of seasons.
I think there were 13 premier league clubs who had players we sold directly or indirectly ( Douglas Luiz, Jack Harrison etc)

I’m happy and able to cope with the rejections for Bernie. Hopefully get an extension signed and another couple or more titles.

Plus he has a very good character and rarely injured, work rate phenomenal. It's a bit baffling.

We generally keep players very happy. So it's difficult for anyone to seduce our players with promises of greener pastures.

Barca seem to be able to do it but they can't afford it very often anymore.

Really sad to see him go. One of my all-time favourite City players and one of the best midfielders in the world. Just so, so technically gifted and insane work rate off the ball. Truly one of a kind
Agreed.
And yet the moment I’ll remember him for with most affection wasn’t even during a match itself.

Agreed.
And yet the moment I’ll remember him for with most affection wasn’t even during a match itself.
3gnq26f4yl851.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.