Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question this guy is world class one of best in world and we have him priced at 70 mill. Why aren't clubs queuing up for him. I dont get it

Because outside of England, no one apart from Real Madrid, Bayern and PSG has the money for him.

Real allegedly don't deal with Mendes players.

Bayern seemingly not in for him.

PSG seemingly do want him, but does he want them?

What other top club in Spain/Italy is going to fork out that fee and £200k p/w wages? Barca would love to, but they haven't got a pot to piss in, hence their focus on free transfers. Top Serie A teams are having to sell their best players.

I'm sure Arsenal/Liverpool/United/Chelsea/Newcastle would all snap him up in a heart beat, but we're not going to sell to any of them, and Bernardo wouldn't join any of them - he would just stay with us if his only option is England.

Short of a loan move, Bernardo's out of options basically, unless Barca sign some dodgy deal or he fancies PSG.

That's why I think Saudi is going to happen - £75m tax free per year is just too obscene to turn down. Go and do that for a couple of years, cement generational wealth and then he'll go back to Benfica in his early 30's, as he's always said he would, not giving two tosses what they pay him after bagging himself £150m.

Because outside of England, no one apart from Real Madrid, Bayern and PSG has the money for him.

Real allegedly don't deal with Mendes players.

Bayern seemingly not in for him.

PSG seemingly do want him, but does he want them?

What other top club in Spain/Italy is going to fork out that fee and £200k p/w wages? Barca would love to, but they haven't got a pot to piss in, hence their focus on free transfers. Top Serie A teams are having to sell their best players.

I'm sure Arsenal/Liverpool/United/Chelsea/Newcastle would all snap him up in a heart beat, but we're not going to sell to any of them, and Bernardo wouldn't join any of them - he would just stay with us if his only option is England.

Short of a loan move, Bernardo's out of options basically, unless Barca sign some dodgy deal or he fancies PSG.

That's why I think Saudi is going to happen - £75m tax free per year is just too obscene to turn down. Go and do that for a couple of years, cement generational wealth and then he'll go back to Benfica in his early 30's, as he's always said he would, not giving two tosses what they pay him after bagging himself £150m.
Fukin hard life a footballer in it

Bernard can sign a contract extension here, stay for 2 more years, go to KSA at 30 for big wages and a fee for City and still be at Benfica for his final years.

Wizard, everyone's a Michael !!

The Saudi bubble might have burst by then, there is a reason that they are going big so quick. They want one big transformative summer.

I think unless Barca come in with a proper offer, he'll stay with us for 2 years and go home then.

Even though he'd earn much more in Saudi Arabia it's not like he'll not make a lot staying put. I would imagine that he'd just feel like he'd enjoy the football in England or Spain that much more than an emerging league.

All that said if he goes the all the best of luck to him.

I think unless Barca come in with a proper offer, he'll stay with us for 2 years and go home then.

Even though he'd earn much more in Saudi Arabia it's not like he'll not make a lot staying put. I would imagine that he'd just feel like he'd enjoy the football in England or Spain that much more than an emerging league.

All that said if he goes the all the best of luck to him.

He can earn four times more a week if he goes to Saudi league I reckon he is thinking about it

He can earn four times more a week if he goes to Saudi league I reckon he is thinking about it
I am just guessing that after thinking about it he'll pass.

We could all make more wages if we really really wanted to but most of us find a level that is sufficient for our lifestyle because it's more safe, more familiar, more easy, etc.

If he dives into this it's brave as well as financially sensible. Many would but many might not either because they prefer the devil they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.