Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i was bernardo id be on the first private jet to saudi,play there for 2/3 years ,make an absolute fortune,then home to benfica to finish my career , and i wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.

im sure he would have a fantastic lifestyle over in saudi, a nice house on the red sea

Last edited:
In a world where someone wants to pay 105 for Rice and not for Bernado.

The amount paid for a player is not strictly based on how good the player is. There are a multitude of other factors. Including the need of the club, the value of the player to the club selling, the age of the player, Nationality of player, etc.

Clearly. But the amount you command for selling a player also depends on how desperate you are. I think there is a lot of value in keeping Bernardo for another year and avoiding losing too many pivotal players at once even if it mean getting less for him next summer when he has 1 year left. Absolutely no reason to sell at a cut-rate price when we just won the treble and he was key.

I wonder if playing in Saudi league would have any effect on National team selections?

Seems like a good time for Bernardí to cash in.

I don't anticipate that a move by a Saudi club will motivate him given that the information has always been that he wants to be closer to family and Iberian culture.
It would piss me off if he went to Saudi. To me it would be just leaving for the money and it's not as if he's struggling now!!!
I can understand the older players going there, but not a top player in their prime.

It looks like Barcelona are out of the picture, so if he's dead set on leaving, i'd be asking Atletico Madrid if they were interested in a straight swap deal with Joao Felix. That would work out for everyone imo.

going into this summer felt almost like he was certainly gonna go in my mind after years of speculation but actually feels like he’s a lot more likely to stay?
I think the opposite but I hope you are right mate!
What makes you think he will stay?

It would piss me off if he went to Saudi. To me it would be just leaving for the money and it's not as if he's struggling now!!!
I can understand the older players going there, but not a top player in their prime.

It looks like Barcelona are out of the picture, so if he's dead set on leaving, i'd be asking Atletico Madrid if they were interested in a straight swap deal with Joao Felix. That would work out for everyone imo.
Felix for Bernardo? Different fucking levels

I think there’s a player in Felix. But STRAIGHT? swap not letting you do my negotiation at the car boot sale !

In what fantasy world is Rice worth 105m, Fernandez 107m and Bernardo a mere 75m?
One problem is that other Premier League clubs are effectively excluded from bidding on Bernardo. He wants to leave England and Pep would never sanction a sale to a domestic rival. Eliminate Chelsea, Arsenal, and of course Man Utd and Liverpool, and you‘re left with PSG and Real Madrid since Barca is broke. Real Madrid is already stacked with midfielders. PSG knows it’s the only club left that wants and can afford him in a top 5 league, hence no bidding war to drive up the fee. And if Bernardo wants to cash in on the Saudi offer, PSG will lose interest because it can‘t compete with the salary the Saudis are offering.

One problem is that other Premier League clubs are effectively excluded from bidding on Bernardo. He wants to leave England and Pep would never sanction a sale to a domestic rival. Eliminate Chelsea, Arsenal, and of course Man Utd and Liverpool, and you‘re left with PSG and Real Madrid since Barca is broke. Real Madrid is already stacked with midfielders. PSG knows it’s the only club left that wants and can afford him in a top 5 league, hence no bidding war to drive up the fee. And if Bernardo wants to cash in on the Saudi offer, PSG will lose interest because it can‘t compete with the salary the Saudis are offering.
You mean in top 7 league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.