Bert Trautmann

foley87

I thought city fans were trying to hijack a car at first, then realised Bert was getting back into his car after the game.

city legend

Absolute legend and my first City hero.

He has had some tough times in his life but always a smile and always signed autographs and spoke to us kids back then.It was never too much trouble to do this and he seemed genuinely pleased to do it.

lump in the throat material,good to see old city player turning up at villareal..........one bert trautman,theres only one bert trautman........

Proper Legend...

‘It was an intense pain, like an explosion, and I nearly fell unconscious. To tell you the truth, I can’t remember anything of those last 16 minutes. I played by instinct really. I could only see silhouettes. It was like walking around in fog and trying to find my way.’

And he was still getting involved...

And we now get the likes of Nani crying on the pitch to the ref because of a cut on his leg..

mrjxf14 said:
lump in the throat material,good to see old city player turning up at villareal..........one bert trautman,theres only one bert trautman........

Bert had a tear in his eye how loved he is by city fan did anyone get any photos of it in villareal would love to see then I put my arm round him great

My first hero, albeit before my time. Yeah look at todays players rolling around then look to Bert, it makes you feel a bit embarrased for the soft twunts, lord knows they have no shame so will not feel that themselves.
Big vince and Nige, Lescott and a few others give me hope though

King Bert

Read his biography recently. Superb read. He's obviously a fairly complex character, it certainly didnt make him out to be a saint. He's lived an eventful life.

He was in the same bar as me outside the ground in villareal and what a top bloke as had our pics took with him. never in a rush/ Would post pics but dont know how

Someone said he lives in Valencia? My pal shook his hand and said they were fucking enormous!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.