Best actors alive today

JoeMercer'sWay said:
ban-mcfc said:
johnny depp must get a mention, very talented man.

yes I do love his portrayal of the pirate version of Ricky Hatton...thrilling stuff...

i have no idea what you are on about tbh.

edit: just seen the hatton thread, i hadn't seen anything until now.

Titanic almost sunk leonardo's career from the male perspective didn't it?

Until Shutter Island put him firmly on the map again.

Road to perdition I thought was under rated for Hanks and Castaway too.

dazdon said:
Titanic almost sunk leonardo's career from the male perspective didn't it?

Until Shutter Island put him firmly on the map again.

Road to perdition I thought was under rated for Hanks and Castaway too.

not really, he was in some good stuff between there and shutter island imo.

for evidence of the pair of them, I really liked Catch me if you Can.

That's a fair opinion I was referring to the way Titanic was marketed and how popular he became quickly.

I'm not saying girly films are girly even (It's just the way they are marketed) I liked Titanic and thought Far And Away with Cruise and Kidman was a classic.

Takes puff of last cigarette before firing squad finishes me off :)

I agree with Christian Bale and Daniel Day-Lewis being two of the best. But as far as my personal favorite, Casey Affleck. I think his role in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was stunning. If you haven't had the chance to see this movie I highly recommend it. While it did get nominated for some awards, I still feel like it stayed slightly under the radar. Casey plays a nervous, immature boy, who lacks a self-confidence yet fighting to become a man, eventually to his downfall. At the same time has the weird almost romantic attraction to Brad Pitt (Jesse James). In my head the role just seems ridiculously hard to pull off, yet, he is amazing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5KBXTIjZUU[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.