Best and worst away day you’ve been on

Well here's something a bit different. Best and worst at the same game. When I lived in Scotland I was keen on Hearts and managed to get a ticket to a game at Ibrox Rangers v Hearts. When I got there i found I was in the Rangers end. Hearts won 2-0
So I had to weep buckets at 2 Hearts goals while inwardly cheering loudly. Managed to get out alive.

Best - Dumping the rags at Wembley in the 2011 semi. Scoles sent off, Wio getting faux tough with Balo and the rags' world record fire drill. But most of all using them as a springboard to the final and the FA Cup win.

Worst - There have been many. Stockport in 2002 was awful but, although embarrassing, it didn't affect promotion. I'd probably go for Fulham about 1981 when we lost 5-1 to a seriously shit side. It rubbed it in when the scoreboard went on the blink and kept crediting City with goals we hadn't scored.

Hard to think of just one so added a couple:

Best:

1) Brighton 2019
Stuck in the home end but managed to get into the City end to celebrate.

2) Blackburn 2000
Again in the home end, but surrounded by blues, and managed to sneak past the stewards onto the pitch to enjoy the celebrations.

3) West Ham 2007
Opening day under Sven, new team, new hope, boiling hot and goals by our two new signings.

Worst:

1) United 2010 League Cup Semi Final
like we would never beat them and being locked in while there tannoy system played United songs accentuated how frustrated it was to lose to them.

2) Liverpool 1996 league cup
4-0 defeat and like the vast majority of matches we looked completely clueless under Alan Ball

3) Notts County 1991 Fa Cup fifth round
Really though we had a chance of the Cup this year but an injury time goal knocked us out. The keeper pulled of one save after another to ram the taunts about his weight right back down our throat.
That Notts County game we did everything but score. Allen hit the clock twice. That game and Boro in cup when Kernaghan scored, had high expectations in both games of a good cup run.

Being cold, piss wet through, and covered in as much mud as the players along with the obvious reason to have thought it might have been a good idea to have thrown oneself under the train rather than getting on the bastard thing that took me to Halifax that day was quite enough. To have returned to a car to discover the window through and the radio gone would really have put the icing on the cake....laughing my bollocks off now, but not on the day.
and they have the cheek to chant WWYWYWS

Best - Dumping the rags at Wembley in the 2011 semi. Scoles sent off, Wio getting faux tough with Balo and the rags' world record fire drill. But most of all using them as a springboard to the final and the FA Cup win.

Worst - There have been many. Stockport in 2002 was awful but, although embarrassing, it didn't affect promotion. I'd probably go for Fulham about 1981 when we lost 5-1 to a seriously shit side. It rubbed it in when the scoreboard went on the blink and kept crediting City with goals we hadn't scored.
Don't think we played Fulham in 81 remember getting a pasting in London was it selhurst park and Charlton were using their ground I'm open to being corrected we may have got battered at Fulham in 84

Last edited:
That Notts County game we did everything but score. Allen hit the clock twice. That game and Boro in cup when Kernaghan scored, had high expectations in both games of a good cup run.

Yeah we even hit the bar after they scored on 94 mins

You can shove your Pellegrini up your arse...

He won a double in his first season. My God some Blues were cunts that day. I feared for Stockport when they got home.

You can shove your Pellegrini up your arse...

He won a double in his first season. My God some Blues were cunts that day. I feared for Stockport when they got home.
Cheer up let's hope. "''we "" have a better day tomorrow

Add to that the West Ham at home cup QF when we made Dean Ashton look like Pele. Pearce rested most of the first team on the Saturday before the game which was on a Monday but risked our uncut diamond Samaras who then got injured and couldn’t play. So disappointing that one,as West Ham got to the final although lost to the dippers when they should have won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.