Best and Worst day/experience of being City.

best was beating schalke in the cup winners cup, some of the best football ever
worst is a toss up between luton which seriously fucked up my wedding day - it went downhill from there, and the fa cup replay versus spuds in '81 and having to watch THAT goal so many times since. (we had the first game won until that "header")

Best; stumbling into Dortmund airport with a can of Becks in November thinking did that really just happen?
The Fernhurst before the Blackburn cup game.
Drinking with strangers in Copenhagen.
Sitting on a canal boat in Reading with my dad on a beautiful summers night, getting very drunk talking about Anelka's last minute winner against Blackburn we'd just watched 20 minutes earlier and my nana telling us off for making too much noise.
Going the derby this year and my mate saying that our time will come, and me actually believing him

Worst; The fans away at Blackburn, I was ashamed. The players have never upset me as much as when our fans play up. I know the players are trying their best, our fans dont have that same excuse.

best 2 april 1977 a real battle for the title with ipswich town .the score was 1.1 with about 5 minutes to go and my dad wanted to make an exit for the bus,but i managed to hang back at the top of the kippax,just in time to see dave watsons bullet header from outside the penalty area, also earlier that same season i we had liverpool beaten and dave watson slipped on some ice to put the ball in his own net and equalise with about 60 seconds to go ,in hindsight that lost point cost us the title that season, getting beat by derby 4.0 at their awful little ground that resembled a sand dune ,and kidd getting my first proper strop at a city result.

worst-that twat pleat dancing across our pitch-i sat as a kid on the white wall ive never cried so much .id love to see him now id give him a proper back of the head shot the horrible cnut he is,i cannot even listen to the drivel he spouts when attempting to commentate it affected me that much!

best-cant remember what crappy away game it was but we was in a boozer before the match only to turn round and the fuckin goat was at the bar next to us!! unbelievable!apparently the ground wasnt ready for them and they were told to go have a wander for an hour.got his autograph on a beer mat haha-priceless

Worst experience from becoming a new City fan in the US? Working with someone who supports all of these clubs: Tottenham, West Ham, Man United, and is always ragging on City with insults.

Best experience? Is yet to come!

very difficult to pic

the best choice between being part of the city on the hill crew at blackburn when we got promoted and citys come back against spurs in the fa cup(that is a true fa cup classic which in my opinion doesnt get the recigiton it deserves.

the worst was when beckham scored the winning free kick when we lost 1-0 at maine road smug c**t.

My first time going to COMS playing against Middlesbourough and losing.
Best ever day was when Denis Law (playing for city) toe tapping the goal that sent reds into lower div:

Best 1 :Watching football under Keegan's early/mid management - made the previous (difficult mainly)12 years without missing a match home & away worthwhile. Though having said that I loved the lower divison away days!

Worst 1 : Leaving Maine Road. So many memories.

Worst 2 : Being told by club official my sort are not wanted by City at the new ground!

Best 2 : After 5 years away (from City), on top of Mount Brandon, realising I am blue through and through and must go back and never stray again. And i wont.

Glad I got that off my chest.

One of the best, running on the pitch in 2000 after beating birimingham, knowing we're going up, the 10-1 with all the youth team players

Worst getting relegeted by the scousers at home when they had a cup final the week after, 2-2 with lomas keeping the ball in the corner thinking its enough!!!

worst:

losing 1-3 at home to villa when we last got relegated from the prem...was all going well...the weaver had a howler and tiatto got sent off...i remember crying!
was a bad day

best:

aside from the obvious...the first time i watched city up at st james after going to uni in newcastle was pretty good...when we won 1-0 with an mpenza winner 10 mins from time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.