Best and worst refereeing decisions in City matches

moon said:
Was in the open end section of the kippax next to North Stand
For the Liverpool semi final
Think it was in first five minutes
And it went mad with people celebrating didn't know till I got home that it had been disallowed

This is one of those games - see yesterday's thread about the YouTube rediscovery of Dave Watson's header vs Ipswich in 1977 - which I really want to see resurface on video. I remember the match being on Sportsnight and my own disbelief when Grey disallowed it. However I have never seen any of that footage since - and I don't think the second leg at ANfield was televised?

moon said:
And it went mad with people celebrating didn't know till I got home that it had been disallowed

fucking hell, you must be barking at the moon<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:42 pm --<br /><br />worst 2 are already on here, alf grey on Kevin Reeves v Liverpool and the git who sent Super Kevin Horlock off at Bornemouth for "walking quite aggressively" (as welll as sending off Jamie Pollock for winning the ball and booking 7 or 8 other City players - agendas even in those days!)

Birminghams penalty against us a few years ago. Sun Ji Hai looked at one of their players and the ref gave a penalty

The penalty in the FA Cup tie at the swamp when we were winning 1-0 (Rosler) was an absolute disgrace.

Tiatto's goal at Middlesborough that was disallowed was a disgrace too...

I remember being at St James Park in 2002 when Nobby Solano did some serious cheating to knock us out of the FA Cup. Can't remember exactly what it was tho!

isab23502 said:
moon said:

This is one of those games - see yesterday's thread about the YouTube rediscovery of Dave Watson's header vs Ipswich in 1977 - which I really want to see resurface on video. I remember the match being on Sportsnight and my own disbelief when Grey disallowed it. However I have never seen any of that footage since - and I don't think the second leg at ANfield was televised?

Think its only since late 80s that every goal was televised
Probably used to get 2 or 3 on MOTD and 6-7 on ITV each region having 1 game

clive thomas at derby away late 70's disallowing a tueart goal claiming he had blown the full time whistle, like he did in the 78 world cup brazil v sweden, sure it was tueart i was only young so someone maybe able to clarify.

george courtney away at grimsby 1983/84, anyone who was there will never forget his bent display.

norwich away under royle i think, the black linesman who single handedly robbed city all night with woeful decisions, cannot remember how many goals he cost us.

roger milford disallowing a perfectly good goal from niall quinn at highbury, denying us a very very rare win there.

alan wilkie at old trafford, just corrupt.

moon said:
isab23502 said:
moon said:

Think its only since late 80s that every goal was televised
Probably used to get 2 or 3 on MOTD and 6-7 on ITV each region having 1 game

I don't know how we managed back then - I lived in Colne and was desperate for any City news. Used to spend hours at my rellies in New Moston reading through their pile of MEN's in the garage when I was about 10!

I can think of plenty against us including all of the ones already mentioned
Not many for us ,but a couple from the goat
Leeds at home in the cup Goat was miles off for one of our 2 . They got 5
The off the shoulder/chest against wigan in play off semi

Feed the GOAT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.