Best and worst refereeing decisions in City matches

March 1990 away to Nottingham Forest. Gary Crosby heading the ball from Andy Dibble's hand and tapping the ball into the net. Amazingly, the referee allowed the goal to stand. The only goal of the game IIRC.

route46 said:
worst- utds pen in fa cup at swamp when we was leading 1-0 from rosler
definitely this.... ive seen some bad one's ( Kevin Reeves header vs Scousers ) but that penaty at OT was a fuckin disgrace , even Utds players didnt appeal !!!! , i can still see that bald headed , tache faced twat of a ref now , cant think of his name , ......... oh thats it ..C***!

Still can't get my head around Clattenburg not giving a penalty for the foul on David Silva when we were 1-0 up against Chelsea and it would of put us out of sight.

All time worst ! Has to be .sol Campbell knocked the ball out of his own goalkeepers hands (main rd 90' s ) ball falls to huckerby who slams it in the net !! Ref gives foul on keeper no city player within 5yrds even the commentator on m.o.t.d said wot was that for . We got relagated by 2 points that yr .

Impeccable said:
March 1990 away to Nottingham Forest. Gary Crosby heading the ball from Andy Dibble's hand and tapping the ball into the net. Amazingly, the referee allowed the goal to stand. The only goal of the game IIRC.

Am amazed it took six pages for this to get a mention.Used to work with joe worrall (a top ref at the time)in Warrington & he said to me on the Monday after it happened that there was no way he would've let that goal stand as it was blatant "ungentlemanly conduct"

The one against Utd in FA Cup a while back. Roy Keane thought it had being given against him, real 'ghost' decision. More recently, the foul on Dzeko away at Fulham not given, Kompany's red v Utd, Drenthe escaping a red at Goodison, Silva not getting a penalty v Chelsea and although a minor thing, against Chelsea at home following a corner for us Barry slides in wins the ball cleanly Lampard stood a yard away and not part of the challenge gets clipped by Barry on the follow through, ref awards free-kick. Couldn't believe it.

Decisions for us - Balotelli not getting sent off for the stamp V Spurs at the time, even though I think it was accidental he was lucky not to get the red there and then.

The linesman sending Barton off against Qpr.

One against us. A long time ago..at Highbury 1973 (?) and Jeff Blockley on the line punches a goal bound shot, which bounced up before him, up and over the bar. Ref was Gordon Hill said he didn't see it cos of the sun. Next game, Buzzer gave him a pair of shades to wear !

One for us. Mike Doyle foul on Tommy Craig (again if memory serves) in the 76 LC Final at Wembley with us 2-1 up. Looked a stonewall pen but Jack Taylor let it go.

Mark 'The Bookie' Clattenburg hamstringing City by sending Boyata off against Arsenal (when they were good) after 4 minutes.

Halsey, a couple of years ago, night game... I cant remember who it was against, but he interfered with the run of the ball and practically got an assist out of it as the other team ran on and scored

murtaz shelia getting a red for a superb sliding tackle from the side, hooking the ball away as clean as a whistle-right in front of the kippax,incredible decision but cant recall the ref.
the wilkie pen at old trafford was dodgy as fuck.i was in the stretford end and the divs were sat in silence thinking we had a free kick! a fuking joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.