Best and worst refereeing decisions in City matches

Wilkie's penalty against Frontzeck in the FA Cup, Goater's disallowed winner at the swamp, the decision to play six minutes of injury time in the 4-3 and Kompany's perfect tackle leading to a sending off in the FA Cup. The stuffy red cunts just get all the decisions don't they?

I won't mention the absolutely superb Michael Ball challenge on Ronaldo being missed.

Impeccable said:
March 1990 away to Nottingham Forest. Gary Crosby heading the ball from Andy Dibble's hand and tapping the ball into the net. Amazingly, the referee allowed the goal to stand. The only goal of the game IIRC.

Always thought a goalie had to have both hands on the ball.Dibble didn`t.

There is a light said:
Wilkie's penalty against Frontzeck in the FA Cup, Goater's disallowed winner at the swamp, the decision to play six minutes of injury time in the 4-3 and Kompany's perfect tackle leading to a sending off in the FA Cup. The stuffy red cunts just get all the decisions don't they?

I won't mention the absolutely superb Michael Ball challenge on Ronaldo being missed.

All good calls.

Makes me ashamed of my very,very trivial Torres post earlier.

Kompany red for a fantastic challenge, a challenge so good even nani didn't go down

oakiecokie said:
Impeccable said:
March 1990 away to Nottingham Forest. Gary Crosby heading the ball from Andy Dibble's hand and tapping the ball into the net. Amazingly, the referee allowed the goal to stand. The only goal of the game IIRC.

Always thought a goalie had to have both hands on the ball.Dibble didn`t.

That goal should have been disallowed on grounds of ungentlemanly conduct. It's the only thing Crosby is remembered for in his career. Little twunt.

MCFC BOB said:
goat boy said:
Mark 'The Bookie' Clattenburg hamstringing City by sending Boyata off against Arsenal (when they were good) after 4 minutes.
Boyata had to go, unfortunately. He was last man and he missed the ball completely, denying a goal-scoring opportunity.
There's no such thing as being "the last man".

You're right to mention the "denying of a goal scoring opportunity" but the ball went straight through to the goalkeepers hands and the Arsenal player had absolutely no chance of getting the ball even if he was Usain Bolt; it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity = not a red card.

-- Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:26 am --

gazinho said:
Being fair the Kompany sending off in the fa cup last year against the rags is still one of the worst refereeing decisions ive seen.
I can completely understand why he was sent off. I don't see everyone's problem with this. Yes, it was harsh. The ref could have said "Vincent that was dangerous, just be careful" but he sent him off and I can see why.

Richard Edgill kicking the ball out for a Corner and City getting a goal kick. Not sure against who or how long ago (i was only about 8).

Chesterfield blue said:
Richard Edgill kicking the ball out for a Corner and City getting a goal kick. Not sure against who or how long ago (i was only about 8).

And that is the worst refereeing decision you have witnessed in all your years of watching City?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.