Best band you've seen live?

Not the best but one i definitely remember, no laughing at the back.
Simply Red, Picture Book tour at Cardiff Uni back in the day, probably less than 50 people there.
Now, he is an absolute bellend but fuck me, he really did have a voice.
Sat on the edge of the stage belting out songs on that album plus a load of great old soul songs, i was never a fan of Simply Red & never saw them live again but that one night he was brilliant.
Also, again, not the best ive seen but memorable none the less, James Brown supporting the Chilli Peppers at the MS in Cardiff.
I know he was 108 at the time but fuck me, he was still James fucking Brown & i was mesmerized by him ha

Oasis, Maine Road, 1996 on the Saturday.

They nailed it and the crowd were eating out of the palms of their hands - like the band or not, they were on the crest of a wave around that time.

Shed Seven and The Charlatans have always been excellent the times I've seen them.

Have to give a mention to The Music, who supported The Charlatans around 2001ish - I'd never heard of them before, but that live performance made me a fan as they were excellent
I was there for one of the days not sure which one, they had OCS and the Manics supporting them, brilliant day.

Seen the Charlatans and Shed Seven numerous times both excellent.

The last time I saw Shed Seven was a couple of years ago in Stoke they were supported by Cast, who in fairness were probably better than Shed Seven that night. I'd forgotten how many good songs they did.

The last time I saw the Charlatans was at the Brixton Academy a few years back, finished with Sproston Green, a banger to end the night.

I was there for one of the days not sure which one, they had OCS and the Manics supporting them, brilliant day.

Seen the Charlatans and Shed Seven numerous times both excellent.

The last time I saw Shed Seven was a couple of years ago in Stoke they were supported by Cast, who in fairness were probably better than Shed Seven that night. I'd forgotten how many good songs they did.

The last time I saw the Charlatans was at the Brixton Academy a few years back, finished with Sproston Green, a banger to end the night.
Fuck me, are you in the right thread? Do other favourites include S Club 7 supported by Northside?

Genesis at NEC… 1981 Abacab or Duke tour, can’t remember which one. Best I’ve ever seen live.
Also, Genesis at NEC 1982 ‘Three sides Live tour’ was just as good.

Oasis at the Etihad 2005 was great as well

Last edited:
Pixies at Reading Festival 1990 were incredible, just relentless brilliance from a great live band at their absolute peak. This is the audio of the set, the quality is a bit patchy, especially on the first few songs and I reckon a few songs have been cut out (there's still 32 songs here but I think they played nearer 40) but it gives you an idea.

The Fall played a fine set immediately before - you hear Kim Deal mention it at the start, the greatest few hours of live music I ever saw. Youtube has actual video of this, I have no idea who the bloke on keyboards is, I don't think even that Dave Simpson bloke tracked this guy down!

Can you remember if it was ‘Duke’ or ‘ABACAB’ tour?
Their shows in 84 for Mama album at the NEC were bloody incredible (and are on dvd somewhere), though I’d love to have seen those 3 Sides Live dates they did in 82 when they brought back the full Supper’s Ready!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.