Best Chippy in South Manchester

Alan_Is_A_Blue said:
There's one on Yew Tree Rd between Horton Rd and Thornton Rd, between the Platt Lane training ground and Maine Rd (R.I.P.). Can't remember what it's called but it's a Chinese, they do pretty decent curry and chips. The Chinese food ain't bad either.

yep, that was a great chippy and brings back many happy memories for me as used to go there before all the home games at maine road. it shut down for a bit after we left to coms but is now back open. the little lad who was crawling about in nappys when we were at maine road was running it last time i went in.

Tai Loi in Northenden is a secret gem. His Chips are something else, as well as his chicken curry etc. South Manchesters best kept secret!! ( til now ) special fried rice is to die for and i'm a chef.

The Baths chippy in Chorlton is the best,the chippy in Stockport that wins is not the Davenport chippy (which used to be run by the people who used to run the Baths chippy ) but the one on Shaw road south,it a chinese but the chips are brilliant.If you need proof I will post photos of my big gut to prove it !!!

mammutly said:
johnny crossan said:
Fantastic Stockport chippys - Davenport Chippy in Davenport & Ashtons in Great Moor

Tried the Davenport - nice!

But can anyone tell me why people in Stockport town centre are so ugly? The women are all mingers and the men all look like failed chavs or people on methadone. It's worse than Scunthorpe FFS.

Haha that's so true, and I'm from Stockport! I haven't been to the Town Centre for years, it's the most depressing place on earth.

bluekat said:
mammutly said:
Tried the Davenport - nice!

But can anyone tell me why people in Stockport town centre are so ugly? The women are all mingers and the men all look like failed chavs or people on methadone. It's worse than Scunthorpe FFS.

Haha that's so true, and I'm from Stockport! I haven't been to the Town Centre for years, it's the most depressing place on earth.

I hate Stockport town centre , always have done ....... and you do see a few 'mingers' , but then you do just about anywhere .......

but there are some stunning women living in Stockport , and the surrounding areas.

The Davenport chippy is the best in Stockport nowadays. The one with the green door in great moor a close second & Hempshaw lane fish bar in third.

probably not worth the drive, but the best 2 chippys in the world are rays on haughton green road and the little wooden chippy behind the british legion in denton. the latter only opens at dinner and tea time though. best gravy in the world. ever. bar none.

Dennis.has.done.it said:
The Baths chippy in Chorlton is the best,the chippy in Stockport that wins is not the Davenport chippy (which used to be run by the people who used to run the Baths chippy ) but the one on Shaw road south,it a chinese but the chips are brilliant.If you need proof I will post photos of my big gut to prove it !!!

Never tried Baths but they didnt half go through some fish,
Shaw road was a good hit too.

For me, the best fish and chips around come from 'the big fish' in wilmslow. Just off the bypass where the lidl and tesco express are.

Ive not been for about 3 weeks....i started shaking a few days ago...i need a hit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.