Best concert you've ever attended...

Barcon said:
squirtyflower said:
Barcon said:
I've seen way to many gigs to pick a fav.. The Clash at Belle Vue was my first so that's up there. Buzzcocks at the same place was up there as well. Santana, Iggy Pop and the Stones in Detroit was a great time as was Live Aid in Philadelphia. Simple Minds in Paris and Stevie Ray Vaughan here in T.O is up there. The Pixies, Massive Attack, and Robin Trower in a tiny pub, all brilliant. My last gig, Steve Diggle at some rec center in Didsbury last Sept.
I was at that gig
it was recorded for So It Goes
also on the bill was Siouxsie Souix, and Magazine

Yes mate, I have seen the clash videos on youtube from that show. I had actually forgot that Magazine were there though.
Do you remember the gig at the Mayflower with siouxsie, the slits and I think the Buzzcocks? And that bloke that was like john cooper clark, somebody Fitzgerald?
Wasn't at that
but saw Buzzcocks and Warsaw at the Mayflower

Saw Siouxsie a few times and the slits once but not together
saw the buzzcocks loads

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Killer Mike.

Roadhouse, Manchester.

February 2013.

A superb concert, which ended with him crying on stage, and went on long after the curfew.

After he'd finished performing he sat on stage for a full 45 minutes talking and taking pictures with his fans, listening to the words they had to say about him and his music.

Here I am, with him.

539598_10151701657018852_1809399689_n.jpg

I like your 'do dope fuck hope' t shirt. Niiice.

Killer Mike.

Roadhouse, Manchester.

February 2013.

A superb concert, which ended with him crying on stage, and went on long after the curfew.

After he'd finished performing he sat on stage for a full 45 minutes talking and taking pictures with his fans, listening to the words they had to say about him and his music.

Here I am, with him.

For those of us not familiar with Killer Mike, which one is you?

The best one for a line up that i never attended would be

U2, Simple Minds, Eurythmics, Big Country phoenix park dublin 83 great line up

PistonBlue said:
Killer Mike.

Roadhouse, Manchester.

February 2013.

Here I am, with him.

For those of us not familiar with Killer Mike, which one is you?
I'm the huge, hulking, black guy, not the timid, weedy, white kid.

New Order @ Jodrell Bank last year. I have never enjoyed a gig more. Ridiculously hot all day, The Whip and Johnny Marr supporting and then New Order pulling out a classic set. Been going to gigs now for 20 years and Jodrell Bank is head and shoulders the most perfect place for a gig.

Black Grape @ Empress Ballroom was a top gig though. Its top when all the Mancs head off for a gig in Blackpool.

Queen.
Knebworth in the mid '80's.
The main support band was Staus Quo who brought the house down.
Queen sneaked on stage and literally took over from where they left off.
They never sang 'Radio Gaga' and to this day I still wonder why they didn't.
Strange how things stick in your mind - eh?

oasis at heaton park meant finally seeing my favourite all time band.
but arctic monkeys at glastonbury 2013 was probably the best - arctics being the band of my generation (was 15 when their first record came out)
other mentions to elbow at manchester cathedral and again arctic monkeys at LCCC - the line up that day was incredible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.